Any decent way to make gold?

Spend a little bit of time between questing to farm old world stuff that sells well. I recommend Briarthorn and mageweed. Briarthorn and mageweed nodes have a chance to drop swiftthistle.

Swiftthistle is what you’re actually after (though Briarthorn sells well too). ST is used in swiftness potions and Thistle Tea. Two super useful consumables that retain their value in endgame but also lack an end game equivalent.

As per where to farm, i recommend Silverpine. Most low levels skip this zone cuz of the Sons of Arugal and it’s really easy to get there from Northrend. Take the Silvermoon portal in Dalaran, go right past elf zaddy up the ramp and touch the orb, now you’re above Undercity, the exit is north, then follow the road going west.

I wouldn’t spend too much time doing just enough to be able to sell a few stacks here or there.

Alternatively, you’re level 77 go do dailies at the tournament. Several of the dailies are doable in town or just outside of town.

Nobody has said this in here, so here’s my advice even though it’s kind of too late.

Inscription.

Why inscription? because as you level it the vast majority of the things you make to level it aren’t things you actually need, and almost all of them remain useful to someone forever. This means you’re always generating AH fodder.

You’re welcome.

do your dailies every day.

when i 1st make a char on an established server, i bum gold by the mail box. then you can buy good bags and you’re set

Farm librams in Dire Maul?

First of all, stop hoarding mats. If you dont have money sell them. Then farm some more and sell those too, until you have enough for coldweather and epic flying.

Then farm some more, but 3x faster. Kill elementals if those items are selling well, check the AH first to see which to farm.

Lastly, FFS stop “funding a friend”. That friend is a leech. I dont even know what you could possible funding them for. They should have enough money from leveling for all repairs they need. Anything else they should be doing for themselves as well.

Edit* You can also put aside some mats once you get your flying, in order to level alch. Or just quickly farm out all you need. Choose a specialization and make potions or flasks.

Today looks like a good day for a race.

500 gold a pop. Takes 1-2 minutes.

You know that’s one of the best gold farms in the game right? If he’s still broke it’s because he’s not doing a very good job at farming it lol

Do every quest in northrend, do dailies, and do the fishing daily every day. When you’ve saved up enough go do some GDKPs. You won’t get into any high payout ones but you should be able to get into a regular one without having to flash a bunch of gold. Just buy 1-2 things if you can and pocket the rest. Keep doing that and you’ll have a steady supply of gold every week.

Everyone has great advice but you should look at the ah on your serevr a little qnd look for niche. But enchanting mats and raw cloth are always good selling items. But you have to also look at roi ( Return on investment) old level dungeons drop tons of cloth and blues and greens you can break abd just sell off the trash drops also. I woukd look for wool silk mageweave runecloth is very hit and miss on price. When you feel strong enought knock out tbc stuff also. Everyone is always working on alts and professions there gold to be made but the ah game is slow and boring but i woukd start now in case they do Another joyous experience event. Then we move on to how to store abd sell everything a whole another forum post lol

I’d say just sell the mats because once you have epic flying you’ll be able to get them back a lot faster. That’s how I’ve always looked at it anyways

Death-rolling.

Find things you can craft that the mats sell for noticeably less than the potion/elixir (use an addon like auctionator to scan and track it). Craft a batch of like 20-40 at a time wait for them to sell, use the profits to repeat the process.

Bonus points if your alchemy specialization matches for random extra gold from procs.

Extra bonus points if the craft gives you skill ups.

Over time, you’ll have a good cushion to make larger batches.

Start a GDKP world tour, wait til the very end and DC. Keep the 300k gold+ and all the gear. Buy a name change. Works 100% half the time.

You can make roughly 125-200k gold an hour using this tried and true method.

haha. so funny. u r not wrong, great way to get start up capital to start ur very own world of warcraft classic business.

da way dis operation works is dat gold operations hire people to farm n run bot accounts. typically from countries dat have lower cost of monthy subscriptions, like venezuela.

take a look at dis guild asking for da gold cap to be raised.
Gold cap too low . plus da same guild asking for nerfs Nerf Ulduar .

a guild officer dat also sells gold on a discord while also running a gdkp discord. note da ranks n color of their name in da discords.

imgur. com/a/YdnNCOj

haha. here is a photo of a guilds guild master telling buyers in da gold selling discord how to get priority spots in da gdkp discord. note da ranks n color of their name in da discord. green is gdkp leader.

imgur. com/a/yboW7Pw

screenshot of dat same guilds gdkp discord promoting da same gold selling discord. haha. note da ranks n color of their name in da discord. yellow is leader.

imgur. com/a/GyQcgZf

dis one gold farming operation had 45,000,000 gold sold in tbc classic with da price of 12 usd dollars per 1000 gold.

540,000 usd real life money earned through one gdkp selling gold to people. no one can say dis does not ruin da spirit of classic n promote pay to win culture. too much gold in da game from bots.

think about all da other gold farming operations on da classic servers. dis is just one example.

haha. so funny.

2 Likes

Funny, I always told guildies to go lvl their fishing at the ponds in front of wailing caverns for deviate fish as a way to generate seed money for new players. I read your post and chuckled a bit cause I had just sold one for 450g. An age old way to make gold is flipping limited supply recipies and many will pay to not have to fly around and wait till an npc has the pattern.

Each server will have a different economy, but each will have ways to make gold, Start with ah addons, i run Tsm for tracking, and auctionator as well as auctioneer, i like features from each, I like auctioneer buy/sell system, Auctionator has a nice feature that when you open a proffesion window with ah open the crafted item will have a search button that lets you see whats listed, the mats and costs, also shows crafting cost and potential profit at current prices of listed items. Very handy when lvling proffesions so you can recoup some of investment, eg spidersilk drape, and boots are easily farmed low lvl mats that make 19 twink gear.

these HAVE to be the wrong orbs… right? they have to have meant Runed orbs…

3 heroic++ which are easier than H+ for a NEW tradeskill item, when the previous ones were ?20? per

1. Download TSM
  2. Profit

You guys are awesome.

I hit 80, gonna clear out icecrown and my dailies first. I need to level fishing anyway.

I’ve sold some mats, but am holding on to what I need for my flasks and research.