Any changes coming to faction imbalance?

So I recently started playing alliance and enjoyed having war mode on previously with my Horde toons. However, over the last several weeks I have noticed that there is a serious issue when it comes to faction imbalance in the open-world PVP scene. I didn’t notice it playing horde because the interactions you have with the alliance are small. I do not see how it is even possible to do daily’s with WM on as alliance, especially at peak times. The fact that every time you go to Vale or Uldum you are met with massive numbers of the horde that will camp you because you are one of the only alliance players in the zone for the CTA quest is very frustrating. This is breaking the game to a point where I can not justify paying money for something that is so upsetting it ruins the experience. The issue is two-sided, because of the bad balance on the part of blizzard it will drive alliance away, which it already has, causing less and fewer interactions between the two factions. This problem has been around for a very long time, and back in Wotlk, they had a system in place that would give the alliance a buff while in a zone that you were outnumbered in. (back then it was just during the PVP battle) It was similar to determination stacks, that could make you as strong as a raid boss. I am not saying that is the answer but maybe limiting the amount of horde that could be phased into a zone by a ratio of 1:1. And I realize there are more horde players that play with WM on but it really is destroying the game when you are by yourself against a 10 or 20 man raid team on the horde. I would love to see the ratio numbers of Horde and Alliance with WM on. It has to be close to 10:1 if not more.

1 Like

use the LFG tool to find a new shard. it has nothing to do with faction balance persay, but everything to do with how awfully blizzard implemented their faction weight system, which is based off the server, and not shard (which leads to imbalances of participation from one side)

I’m still in favor of that tenacity buff if your faction is outnumbered in any particular zone.

In my opinion. If you are getting swarmed by 30 other people of the opposite faction. The situation turns enjoyable if im able to take a couple with me. I feel that even if a tenacity buff doesn’t give you as equal footing as it should. It might do enough to get more people to participate.

Also I’m always outnumbered duskwood. I feel a tenacity buff will allow me to one shot lowbies again.

1 Like

The war mode faction imbalance is unstable; once one side gains a noticeable advantage in numbers, which the Horde have just from having more maximum level characters, there’s a runaway effect where the minority faction turns war mode off or quits the game entirely as you are considering.

In 8.1, Blizzard introduced a kill quest for the minority side, Against Overwhelming Odds, to help even out the faction balance in war mode. When more than twice as many Horde as Alliance were in war mode over the course of a week, Alliance would get the quest, incentivizing them to kill 25 Horde each. Meanwhile, Horde only had the regular Call To Arms quest, incentivizing them to kill only 10 Alliance each. This evened out the number of kills on each side, and gave the Alliance a small extra reward.

Over the course of 8.1, the faction imbalance changed from about as bad as it is now to roughly even, because some Horde who didn’t like PVP left war mode, and more Alliance who did like PVP kept it on, based on information from Blizzard and from population tracking sites.

Unfortunately, in 8.2, an additional CTA quest was introduced, bringing the number of incentivized kills to 35 per week for both factions. Since Alliance was no longer incentivized to kill more per character than Horde, this negated the effect of the AOO quest. As a result, over the course of 8.2 and 8.3, the faction balance became ridiculous again.

I think the best we can hope for is that Blizzard might fix it again for Shadowlands. But, they might not. We’ll see.

In the meantime, group with someone from an RP server, since RP shards are currently pretty balanced, or do your WQ during Oceanic peak time, when Alliance have the advantage.

Or if they could do it for every unique character hitting you, you get the buff. That way regardless of who on is ganking the solo, the solo is going to be dangerous.

Also to the OP, for the love of Rngesus please hit enter after a few sentences, that wall of text makes my eyes bleed.

Persay? Really?
I mean, I guess I always knew Horde were illiterate savages, but come on.

per se

3 Likes

calm down sperg