Any Alliance Guild Suggestions?

So I’ve been casually looking for a home to put my main in for a while now, and not having much luck, and thought I would post here for help! I’ve been trying to find a Social, Light to Medium RP one, and not that there aren’t some good ones, but my play time can be a bit scattered due to shifting sleep schedule, seizues and poor health.

So, with that in mind, I was hoping for something that wouldn’t require a firm, “need to be on every day and make every event” type commitment, nor need me on Discord when out of game. I’m sociable and helpful, and the character is friendly and geared, and I DO play regulary, just, yeah. Sometimes health doesn’t leave enough mental capacity for rp, or the hours are hit and miss, or I’m just on to talk to someone besides doctors for a change, etc etc etc.

Soooo yeah. Any ideas? =/

1 Like

Kind of piggyback riding on your post (I hope that’s okay!) to see if anyone replies. I’m kind of looking for the same.

2 Likes

Hello to both of you.

My guild, Lost Echo, is currently looking to expand. Some of us are quite serious about our RP, PvE, and PvP, but others are more casual and relaxed. We’re currently looking to build out our roster in anticipation of the new raid and the upcoming expansion, and that includes bringing in people that we vibe well with, even if they can’t help us in our other goals.

If you think you might be interested, or if you have any questions, feel free to find me in-game or on BNet/Discord (CanadianYank#1401/CanadianYankee#4971).

I wish you both the best of luck in your search for a guild home.

1 Like

Hi there (also, hi Rethelle!).

In terms of what you’e suggesting, there are plenty of guilds I can recommend. Personally, I would really try to narrow down what kind of rp you might be interested in first. Some of the larger categories are areas like Church RP, political RP, crime/guard, etc. Military can also be good, but you may find they’ll have more intensive event schedules.

All guilds have their benefits and detractors of course. Church RP is nice and chillaxed, with a main sermon on Sunday’s. However, there can also be days when not much is going on, or when everything is going on, so collating a group of friends on your slower days is a good idea.

Alternatively, political RP with organisations such as, most prominently the Stormwind Law Project may be a potential option as the actual legislative body only meets a few times a month, but the broad community means there’s always a lot to do. However, on the opposite side, some of these projects can be controversial, and in my experience, it can often have a steep learning curve.

For me, I’d always recommend checking out either crime or guard roleplay. Though of course, I am clearly biased here. Crime roleplay is good because you can basically (by its definition) do whatever you want, irrespective of whether it’s legal. This can be good for someone with erratic sleep schedules and so on, but I am not aware of too many criminal guilds currently active yet. They usually come up in bursts, so I would check back in a month or two if they pique your interest.

Alternatively, being a guard is fun, though it is also intensive in its own right. It’s a great way to develop inter-personal skills, patience, customer service etc. but you need to know what you’re getting into and be prepared to face some abuse and often stressful or otherwise difficult situations. People who can get through those things often have a blast. Different guilds will provide different things however. If you are more inclined towards event-based guards, our friends in The Stormwind Guard would be an excellent option. However, if you’re more into the simple day-to-day action, come give me a shout.

I could go on with more options of course, but this is getting lengthy. My discord is Phiniksa#0935. Feel free to contact me there or in game if you would like to learn more about the community.

Good luck!

1 Like