Another tier feral is pushed to the side it seems?

PVP is fine.
Raid is fine.

M+ we’re just going to be brought to farm keys because your friends feel bad for you lol

I wish they would stop emphasizing on feral single target nobody asked for and totally disregard their huge lack for AoE in every scenario from 3 target+.

Buff thrash, swipe and primal wrath by a good percentage that’s all we ask for. Nothing insane, not trying to do windwalker OP 30k overall in every other dungeon level of damage but at least keep up with the others.

Or hell, here is an idea to push a bit of AoE without going nuts with it. Since we are probably going to be stuck with Niya souldbind in Night fae for the 3rd tier in a row. Why not make STARFALL part of the convoke line up? Two starfalls per convoke cast. That would be a small start for key viability.

Warriors have less utility than druids by a longshot and they brought to keys over ferals because spear of bastion ez 17k overall in every other key for the free. While my highest AoE/ST ability is still abilities/points through convoke that does a small fraction of the most overall of most specs in keys. It’s infuriating!

Please, discontinue brutal slash and let shred be the only filler. It’s high time we drown that ability being connected to swipe.

12 Likes

You have tools to help with this. And as long as packs aren’t dying in <5 seconds, Feral isn’t horrible. No burst AoE, but the higher the keys, the longer mobs last, the better your AoE gets.

Just Thrash really.

Pretty sure it already is.

Unless you know how to separate the damage, I’m not sure you’re accurate on this.

Negative. It’s great in ST

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is troll or not lol…^

1.) It doesn’t get better at all. Literally PW does not tick harder/fast enough nor does the poor initial hit do enough damage.

2.) Thrash is a small portion of your AoE lol Direct + AoE ticks even in high keys

3.) SF doesn’t happen through feral convoke even w/ the legendary lol

4.) You can separate the damage through addons lol it’s not as big as you make think even on a 1 minute cooldown overall in a key.

5.) I never said it was a bad single target ability lol it’s unhinged because it’s for mainly single target where feral doesn’t suffer in.

6 Likes

Rip is our strongest DPE ability. And it scales with Mastery and is affected by Bloodtalons. And it keeps ticking in the background while you’re swiping and thrashing away. The longer mobs live, the longer it ticks, the more damage it does in the background while you’re doing your upfront damage.

Which is why I’m all for buffing it. Outside of using it to proc BT I don’t think it’s worth it’s energy.

Nor should it. And I honestly thought you swapped to talking about Boomy here. The FBs we get make up for the lack of Starfall. And having 2 Starfalls would be pointless as the second would just overwrite the first anyway. Leave SF out of it.

And it’s bigger than you’re making it out to be. And I don’t use the CS legendary. It’s a DPS loss for me in overall.

You never said anything aside from advocating to get rid of it. Don’t want it, don’t choose it. Simple as that. It’s not part of the base kit, you literally have to choose it. This is a non issue

That’s where I’m at.
I hate the ability and refuse to use it out of spite. But that’s my choice and I don’t loose sleep over its existence.

That’s being said…. A charge/cooldown ability does not belong or fit into an energy class’s tool kit.

If I have the energy to use an attack. I damn well better be able to use that attack. No ifs ands or buts. If I wanted to cycle spells off cooldown, I’d play a paladin.

My biggest gripe with it though is that it replaces swipe. There’s no need for that. There’s no reason we can’t have both.

Poor design all around. Horrible spell.

/spit

6 Likes

I think the new 4 piece bonus will be a game changer for feral in m+ though

5 Likes

This issue carries over into pvp as well. You often need to jump in bear form for stuns and whatnot… then it turns out you cant swipe. This is useful if you’re trying to pull someone out if stealth, given that you’re in combat. Though theres a very small chance you’ll ever use it to begin with, but would be nice if you could.

The spec is intentionally being gimped at that point.

4 Likes

… and for such little gain.

All they have to do is take a page from guardian and give thrash a cooldown.
This solves the damage plateau set by shred. They could easily ramp up its damage without making shred redundant, and it would finally feel good to use.

2 Likes

Do you really run moment of clarity for M+? If it’s viable, that would help me in keys.

It’s a personal preference. I like faster playstyles so I opted into MoC. I believe Bloodtalons is still better, but not by much.

It got me close to 3.5k io in BFA, so works pretty well I’d say. :wink:

1 Like

MoC is awesome.

It also pairs wonderfully with cat eye Lego. Definitely comes down to play style and personal preference.

With predator, SoTF, MoC and cat eye, your energy bar becomes a bottomless pit.

I’m very tempted to make cat eye/spirits my lego combo.

1 Like

All 3 last row talents (last i looked into it), simmed fairly close to each other so you’d be safe regardless. It’s not a major make or break row.

Awesome. Bloodtalons worked for me in M+ until anything went wrong and I lost my rhythm.

2 Likes

Anyone tried out the new tier set for feral yet?

Apart from test dummies it looks to me like it will be very awkward to use.

Wondering where it will find its place, if any. (m+, raid or arenas)

Big groups outside of boss fights. I still use Berserk and apply 4-5 Rakes for the increased damage going into a decently large pull. And it gives little bonuses when spamming Swipe + PW

I have another great idea to make berserk useful for aoe. It echos on my last one to add a cooldown to trash for feral and raise the damage.

Have berserk remove said cooldown, just as it does for guardian.

Problem solved.

Thrash now hits harder than swipe and shred making it a valuable part of your rotation. And during berserk, you can spam it for powerful aoe. It won’t replace shred for ST, as shred is buffed during berserk.

2 Likes

If we’re spamming Thrash, the only thing I ask is they fix the sound effect first lol.

Nah, I love it!
Especially with UFR.
When it procs, my thrash copter goes soisoisoisoisoi

3 Likes

I usually dont like posting videos, but I think this one is worth a glance (fast forward to 0:37). Dont tell blizzard :grimacing:

Note this is in 9.2 PTR as it stands right now.

2 Likes