Another New Server

Would it be to much to ask Blizzard to make yet another PVP EST Server? Just logged in to check the status of servers.

Herod - Full (with estimated que’s over 10,000 - before layering ends in phase 2)
Stalagg - new server only out not even 48 hours, medium. I Didn’t even hear about it until today.
Faerline - Streamer server. Full
Thalnos - Designated non american server. High

What happens when layering ends? Are all these servers gona have 5000+ Que times at peak hour? Judging by previous expansion from retail, that just come down to them opening new servers with free xfers. Can we just get that out of the way now blizzard?

I myself, am still based on Herod. For now. Only because i missed naming chance on Stalagg, and who knows if another server may or may not open up. How many other people are doing the same thing. How many other people also missed that a new server opened? How many other people haven’t even made characters yet, because they didn’t want to subscribe 2 weeks prior to actually being able to play?

These numbers that we are seeing, are a great representation of who wanted what names on what servers. But not exactly how many people are going to end up there, due to the non subs yet.

Would be nice to see a couple more servers go up, prior to launch, so that guilds/communities actually have a chance to communicate with everyone. And, to get these 4 full servers, and 5 high servers at least down to medium before the next wave of players come in.

I know blizzard is having to wait for the drop off of players that they’re expecting. But if it’s that bad, just merg them. (Exluding Faerline and Thalnos).

I myself would rather not log in at 4:45 on the 26th, and end up sitting at “Connecting to server” for 8 hours, because we simple are over crowding the servers.

2 Likes

I also just heard about the new server today. Was very disappointed when my name is already taken on the new server. Wish I had a notification/heads up a few days prior that allowed Herod players a chance to reserve a name they already reserved…

That’s exactly my point. Though it does seem we had a little bit of notification, on the forums. Which, i myself stopped paying close attention to after naming times. ~ Wont make that mistake again.

1 Like

I just assumed that we weren’t getting any more servers so no need to pay attention until release. Guess some of us were wrong.

But I already have a TON of friends and even family on the Herod server that have already chosen their names. They won’t be happy to move nor willing. Names are very important to players.

if you cared that much you would be checking the forums at least daily. they gave notice, you just aren’t that active.

stalagg has to fill up first

2 Likes

That’s the problem, im having.

There shouldn’t be just one new server. They should be doubling the amount of servers…

3 Likes

So by this logic, they want us to delete our characters (Where some of us got names we wanted), to move to a server, away from where ourselves, and friends/family got names they wanted. To go to a server we can’t get those names, before they’ll open another one.
Logic is sound. That server will fill up. Just may not be till the 26th.

1 Like

Blizzard should of given more than a 1 hour notice for opening up a new server.

They were probably just eager to stop people from joining Herod immediately.

2 Likes

Along with a heads up that reaches a lot of players.

Each server now has an official discord. It would be great to pass along info like that to each discord before creating new servers.

Or just something to give a heads up a few days before that reaches a lot of players. What they did with the new server wasn’t cool. I mean, it’s great there’s a new server but it was meant to let Herod players move over there and well, Herod players get to lose their names they prepared to get on the first night of name reservations. Which just sucks.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know this. Where can i find Discord links?

i understand what you’re saying…i was at work when they ANNOUNCED that they were opening a new realm. Two hours afterwards, it was out. So me being stuck at work, i had no chance to reserve a name if i wanted. I still got my name despite that but still. They should probably not have this whole name reservation thing, its a disaster

2 Likes
2 Likes

None of these servers are by Blizzard. They are NOT official. Still, a place to get info… but not official in any way.

FYI

4 Likes

It doesn’t have to be ran by Blizzard to be official. Take a look at Minecraft, their company doesn’t have forums but there’s a fan site that acts like the forums and it has been recognized to be official.

The Minecraft forums have been recognized and signed off by MoJang/Microsoft as the official forums.

Discords for WoW Classic have not.

1 Like

It doesn’t have to be run by Blizzard, but it would need to at least be recognized by Blizzard.

There are no official Discords. Blizzard has not recognized any of them. They are a great thing to have, and a strong community initiative, but they are not official.

1 Like

They don’t care about your names. They only care about population, and NOT player designations. They released a new realm there because every realm was full and going to be queued. If Stalagg fills up, they’ll do it again, but not before, and definitely not just because people asked for one.

1 Like

Or maybe you should have paid attention to blizzard or icyveins or something like that.

Honestly blizzard is a company its your job to stay informed especially since in the post announcing the name creation date and time they said they would keep us informed of when a server was reaching a excessive load

Blizzard did there job they informed everyone of the situation and created another server. They cant be blamed if you didnt pay attention.

1 Like