Another New Server

It doesn’t have to be run by Blizzard, but it would need to at least be recognized by Blizzard.

There are no official Discords. Blizzard has not recognized any of them. They are a great thing to have, and a strong community initiative, but they are not official.

1 Like

They don’t care about your names. They only care about population, and NOT player designations. They released a new realm there because every realm was full and going to be queued. If Stalagg fills up, they’ll do it again, but not before, and definitely not just because people asked for one.

1 Like

Or maybe you should have paid attention to blizzard or icyveins or something like that.

Honestly blizzard is a company its your job to stay informed especially since in the post announcing the name creation date and time they said they would keep us informed of when a server was reaching a excessive load

Blizzard did there job they informed everyone of the situation and created another server. They cant be blamed if you didnt pay attention.

1 Like

It was short notice. Not everyone is on the forums every moment. It’s not like we got a notification either. A lot of people were at work or doing other things. And it’s not settling well with some Herod players when the new server was opened up to help Herod players move to that server.

I’m in no way, trying to blame anyone. The player-base or Blizzard.

More notification would have been great, yes. But, that is still not the point behind this thread.

Personally i don’t care about names, there’s always another. But some people do, and that is what i’m mainly trying to get at. I, like many other players made plans with guild, friends, family to group up and play on a server. At the time of our conversations. That was Herod, as the only viable option. Like most.

My point is to get us servers sooner, rather than later. Simply because of the community. Someone who can only player 2-3 hours a night, is not going to sit in a huge que. But in order to play with friends, may have to. Some people are not going to want to level/start over, when a new server comes up 3 days after launch. And, to have to pay $25 to server xfer, where yes i CAN do it, is obsurd because; “Stalagg needs to be FULL before we create another server”.

According to the blue post:

There will be no new server until Stalagg is “Full”.

Also… It is “queue”, not “que”.

Thalnos isn’t a non-American server. Go there. They posted that survey on Reddit earlier in the week and it showed about 85% English speakers. Additionally, if you’re running with a guild and friends/family, that’s next to irrelevant. You’ll see someone post in Portuguese in /2 from time to time.

Could care less about a name. If the waiting time is over an hour I’m going Stalagg

1 Like

Until all servers are Full, we don’t need anymore servers. Just people to spread out.

It’s dumb that people use the excuse that streamers or foreigners on a server warrants not rolling on them. Each server can host thousands of players, so any majority you’re assuming from streamers and foreigners is a deception. Especially when classic revolves around strong guild communities in the first place. Find and join a guild on any server and everything will be fine.

If you’re that concerned, you and your guild can be a part of the solution and not the problem. Agree to server swap and the problem is solved for your guild at least, and relieves pressure on Herod.

Staying because of a not getting the name you want on another server seems petty to me. A name doesn’t matter nearly as much as the player controlling the toon.

Technically Stalagg at medium indicates it has more population on it than the highest pop servers back in 2006. Not sure how much higher in total population per server Blizz was planning to go?

I think it is rather silly if they want to see “High” status on Stalagg before opening another PvP server. I mean, from what they are saying so far, it sounds like Harod has so much overage they could fill in Stalagg + 1 more server yet, and STILL have queue times!

The only issue I have is I believe Blizz is OVERestimating the amount of tourism. I would be willing to bet not even 1/3rd of Herod’s current population are tourists that would be gone to allow layering to be removed.

They better come up with something, if they have not already, fast. NINE days to go bois.

They are, and for someone like myself. Not waiting 2 or 3 hours to login at night after a long day of work is even more important. Just will have to live with a back up name

I don’t think they’re opening a new realm until Stalagg goes Full or at the very least High.

Im not sure if you reserved all 3 names that you wanted. If not, just create a random char in stalagg to fill it up, and then Blizz will open a new server, this is more for everybody than just you. Just a suggestion…

What about another PVE EST server? You guys just got Stalagg its not even High yet but all our normal realms are high and full…

People need to think up more original names. I see too many comments and topics around like “Blizz should make a new server because uh, me and my friends couldn’t get our names! Our totally cool names! They are: Fang, Thex, Throll, Harambe, Dragon, and Darkness. I can’t believe anyone else has those names! The audacity!!”

1 Like

All the servers will be full and most of us will just start classic a week or two later on the second wave of servers; expect guild names like “Mankrik Refugees”…

Worst case scenario its exactly as bad as every other launch… and no one will care about any of this next month

i am kinda surprised by the problem with East PVP servers especially Herod! Polls show that 66+% are people who “say” they played vanilla but yet most blindly dog piled on one server just like in vanilla. You think they would of learned. Now all the blame can’t go players part of this is Blizzards fault too. A problem easily corrected only allow one reservered name per server and you can reserve on 3 different servers.
If I was on Herod I would pick one name that I really want and the next server that comes that has it available grab it because more are coming wait till launch.

looks like they’ll probably need 1-2 more EST PVP and 1 more EST PVE realm. Pagle and Mankrik look like they’re gonna have queues too.