Another macro help thread (dismount + cast)

If you have a keyboard with Macro Keys… Maybe find a way to bind it to one of those. I might try that tonight with my K95 as it records the time between key inputs.

Dismount addons and macros with cancelaura lines have a stutter, the macro will need to be hit twice - it’s quicker to manually dismount and barrier. Also, incidentally, macros will inherently default to the highest rank unless noted in the script, so /cast ice barrier will cast the highest rank and the rank modifier isn’t required.

edit: and autodismount is not in the game at this point.

Are you saying this works in one hit, or are you mashing it? There’s a perceptible delay in any cancelaura lines /and/ addons, it’s unavoidable in an automatic script and it’s faster to manually right click the mount.

There’s an addon called “letmecast” that will do this for you. Auto dismount instead of giving you the error, and auto stand up instead of saying “you can’t do that while sitting”.

This is true but the addon doesn’t remove the delay. LetMeCast takes significantly longer to stand you up to cast than time you would spend hitting W into a cast. While the addons are more convenient, they’re also providing a hindrance tradeoff.

And that’s the other side of it too. I want/need it to be quick for when I start using it more heavily for pvp purposes. If the macro from Perol doesn’t work, I may forego the mod option and try programming a keyboard macro as someone else suggested.

Strange that it didn’t work this way in vanilla. Wonder what they changed to make me need two keypresses now.

So for the record, this one doesn’t appear to work either in case anyone was curious. It did throw a “mounted” error at me, but the one that did the most interference was the “startattack” command which wouldn’t activate without a target.

In the end, I was able to program a macro for my keyboard (logitech G910). Took some trial and error to get the timing down between the dismount and spell cast to avoid dismounts hidden GCD and still be fast enough for my comfort. Works like a charm now.

Again, thanks for the help everyone!