Another macro help thread (dismount + cast)

Need a little help getting the following to work properly:

#showtooltip Ice Barrier(Rank x)
/dismount
/cast Ice Barrier(Rank x)

Problem I’m getting is that this simply dismounts me and then gives me “you are mounted” error message. I then have to hit the macro again to cast barrier.

Basically, trying to use Ice Barrrier to dismount and immediately shield myself. Primarily using it as a safety net against ganking while farming herbs right now, but will be using it for more pvp once BGs open up.

Thanks in advance!

You might need /castsequance in your macro

1 Like

Isn’t there a game option to auto-dismount if you hit a cast button? I’m at work so I can’t prove this…
: D

Oh man if this is true I’m gonna punch myself. I swear you used to be able to do this back in the day but couldn’t remember it being a setting.

Get the Dismount addon works like a charm

Ive seen other post about this and I think the consensus was that by default its not possible and the macro needs to be hit twice. I think a few people mentioned the addon letmecast.

Are you on kromcrush, I think I recall questing with someone with a similar name a few days ago.

1 Like

Oh hey Tac! Yeah we were running SM a couple days ago.

wow addon called lazypig

It dismounts you if you attack, gather , flight plan, ect.

1 Like

Instead of “dismount” use cancel aura.

So for my vanish for exmaple.

#showtooltip Vanish
/cancelaura Brown Ram
/cast vanish

replace ‘brown ram’ with your mounts name,
does NOT work in one click, need to hit button more than once.

1 Like

just get the dismount addon

Try making it /cast [nomounted] Ice Barrier;

By adding a conditional, you make it execute additional checks, which might result in forcing it to be aware that you aren’t mounted and can cast it.

Normally, every line in a macro that executes executes simultaneously, which is what’s causing your problem.

I’ve tried every method I could think of, and I can’t find a way to dismount and cast in a single press.

You should only have the (Rank X) portion if you are downranking. If you are not downranking, leave it off entirely. Leaving it off means you will always cast the max available rank and don’t have to muck with it when you upgrade your spells.

Also, I have a similar macro for Charge and just doubletap it. It’s also nice for when I wanna dismount without looking for my horse on my toolbar, since I have to tap a second time to Charge.

I’ve done the same thing with /cancelaura Shadowform to instantly cast healing spells, and it works in one button press.

Very interesting that doing the exact same thing with a mount doesn’t allow one button press.

I use this for my dismount macro:

#showtooltip
/dismount
/startattack
/cast Seal of Command (Rank 3)

Works and it never gives me a “you are mounted message.”:man_shrugging:

I’m pretty sure dismounting triggers the GCD so that’d be why. I would assume the addons can’t get around that either, but I don’t have them yet.

1 Like

Actually, that’s not it. My GCD timer doesn’t go off with a dismount, and if it was triggering GCD, you would need to use a /castsequence command in order to execute any other actions after it in the macro, which isn’t the case. I think it may be bugged, but I honestly can’t remember whether or not patch 1.12 behaved this way.

dismount uses a hidden GCD.
you have to hit it twice.

I have a
/dismount
/cancelform
/cast cat form
/cast prowl

click it twice and off the mount and into stealth.

havent found any way to dismount and do something instantly.
it doesnt show a GCD but it has one.

you dont need a cast seequence because /dismount fails if you are already dismounted. just like /cancelform doesnt .

Did not know that! Super helpful for my rank 1 frostbolt macro. Thank you!

I’ll give that a shot since it sounds like that’s the only solution provided that doesn’t still require a known second click.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Didn’t know there was an addon to do it either (not sure why that didn’t occur to me heh). If i can’t get the macro solutions here to work, I’ll checkout the mods mentioned here.

The addon LetMeCast still needs the button to be hit twice. Once to dismount and another to actually cast.

I think they broke something. It’s like the server takes a second to know you’re dismounted.

I’m chalking it up to another bug from their emulated spell-batching BS.