Another I'm Out Post...Nothing New

I just finished six Arathi Basin matches in a row. Fast queues. Awesome right?

All six of those were losses. Bad, bad losses. We got crushed, and in the last two games were five capped. We are not facing premades. These are just average horde teams. Nothing new…if you play Alliance you know.

After an afternoon of back to back games I have four hundred honor, and six marks. If I PvP for 3 hours a day, 7 days a week, then I will be able to buy one blue piece every ten days.

No. Just no. This is not how it was.

I played the crap out of TBC back in the day. I remember grinding honor. I remember how frequently I bought pieces. I could get a piece of gear after a serious night grinding, especially if you hit a win streak, and were going for something like gloves or shoulders.

Marks were almost always the barrier, not honor. Now I have a crap ton of all marks, and the mount I wanted, but not nearly enough honor.

If pvp was like I remember I might still do it at the reduced Blizzard rate, but it isn’t. I don’t enjoy BGs now. Games aren’t games. Half the alliance give up when the match starts. The other fail for a while first, then yell at the first half. Since the first half don’t care, they start yelling at each other instead.

And then the match ends and you get 46 honor, and 1 mark, when gear costs 20k and 30 marks a piece. Blizzard managed to ruin TBC gearing. I am amazed. Private servers sound so much better now.

I came back. I made it 70. I ran some dungeons, which are phenomenal. I didn’t get a chance to do Kara again, but as a busy dad that’s just not realistic, and besides, I did the raid bear tank thing back in the day.

I just wanted to do some BGs, and get some gear, and then do it again on the next character. Instead it’s far more effective to become a raider, and that’s led to matches being rocket tag with a bunch of locks and shamans nuking everything.

Anyway, thank you for attending my ted talk. I’m out. I don’t have any gold to give you, because I bought sweet gear.

Hope ya’ll enjoy TBC to its fullest.

4 Likes

You can’t quit though. You’re Alliance. You quitting will increase horde queue times and thus force them to make more of the exact same forum post.

Please come back, we need you!

3 Likes

Is this the real problem?

Farm AV for honor

1 Like

It is actually. But OPs pathetic honor per hour has nothing to do with it. I make more than that questing

you complaining how long it takes you… ALLIANCE? to get honor??? we have to sit in a queue for 1 hour BEFORE we get into a single game, only to usually face a premade and get stomped to queue back up for another hour.

You have to be trolling.

Horde don’t realize that alliance get insta ques but lose the vast majority of their games. Probably near a 80% loss rate for any BG ally does (slightly worse for AV). So even with our insta ques our honor gain is actually similar. Unless premading of course.

I agree honor gains are terrible and not what I remember. But if u have alot of excess marks you can turn one of each in for 315 honor.

PvP is more fun when you’re the underdog that pwns

2 Likes

Horde are cowards. The real gangsters have always been on Alliance.

4 Likes

This had always been the Alliance problem, not maps starting places, not racials, not blood elves, not ‘faction imbalance’. The problem is that Alliance expect a working “I win” button and when they dont get it they quit.

1 Like

This might be a crazy concept for you, but you memory very rarely mirrors reality. Your memory is incorrect.

1 Like

I’ve played both factions over the years. I’ve had bad nights of BGs on both. But overall I think it’s 50/50. I think queue times are still the root issue here. Unacceptably long queues for one faction creates side effects for both.

2 Likes

If you’re playing Alliance, join a decent pre-made group. You can gear up pretty fast.

Problem is you and so many other people are remembering WOTLK and Cata, the peak of WoW. TBC was always a grindy mess, and that includes BG honor & marks. It was changed in WOTLK and became much less insanity-inducing. Im betting a lot of these “fond memories” are actually from WOTLK, not TBC.

And we chug closer and closer to retail every day

1 Like

Some of my older alts that I don’t really play anymore have ridiculous win-loss ratios for pug BGs. It depended on which battlegroup and what faction you played on.

The 50-50 win-loss thing came later because pug Alliance players complained about losing so much. So the devs introduced code to manipulate the queue to help Alliance win more in pug BGs.

TBC - WOTLK - Cata - MoP - WoD - Legion - BFA - Shadowlands

I’d say we are still quite far from current/Retail. Not to mention, everything pre-Legion is incredibly different in feel, its hardly comparable.

1 Like

Choo choo, dummy. It’s amazing that you don’t see it

I agree. I remember PvP gear being a hell of a grind in both vanilla and TBC.

1 Like