Another "don't have time for classic" thread

I’m in the same boat. It’s the little one that always draws the line. I just can’t say no when they’re looking at you with a book in hand. I’m the slowest leveler in our group now. More power to those that can make it work.

That being said I’m still having fun, 60 gets closer everyday. Hoping to make pugs work one day. If not there’s always pvp, that’s enough for me. My glory days are behind me, no regrets!

1 Like

Where’s your tier 1/2? Where’s your 60? You have no idea what the difficulty is. Are you in a prelaunch 40 man guild or are you like the majority playing with friends and pugging your raids?

Classic was casual friendly compared to how big of a timesink other mmos were at the time.

Would you stop advertising your channel.

3 Likes

Didn’t expect that type of response but it’s welcomed. I will say this though, I don’t care what my hobbies were/are, if I were single I could do whatever I wanted and have time for anything. That’s true. Actually, if I only had my wife I could for the most part. Certainly more than I can now anyway. Fact is with a family, especially a non self sufficient child (10mo old) my time isn’t my time. It’s very easy to have time set aside when chores and work and such are done. But having to babysit 100% of the time, and then devote left over to a wife or what have you, is just infinitely more difficult. That’s certainly where the disconnect is :/. It’s not about time management at that point. It’s about responsibilities. It’s about being on call indefinitely. It’s not my time I fail to manage. It’s the unexpected devotion.

Yes…just yes. I feel you man. I try, I really do. But people like you and I know it’s just impossible to play like we once did.

No I will not. Why does it bother you?

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/vala_
Youtube: Vala Thetank
Twitter: @valathetank

Because most of your posts read like you are just making them to advertise. I really don’t think if I put a website address for my commerical activities blizzard would be okay with that.

1 Like

Flag him. It’s advertising; therefore spam.

4 Likes

Oh so my posts dont read the way YOU want them to read because I put my chanel at the bottom? How utterly selfish of me for not considering that.

Thats fair. If Blizzard tells me its against their TOS to put my channel at the bottom of my forum posts then I will stop. Thanks!

Classic tries to cater all kinds of players… the hardcores, the casuals, etc.

Retail also tries to cater all kinds of players. And it is REALLY more Casual Friendly than Classic… becoz it got rid many of time consuming mechanics of Classic.

I cant say Classic is for Casuals. I remember Naxx40 raiding where my Warrior has to log in 2 to 3 hours before raid time to farm for flasks, potions, food buffs, etc. 4 hours raid plus 3 hours farming… that’s not Casual gaming.

Look at Retail. I bought WoW token. I skipped all the farming and went straight to raiding. I dont need to heed to my Guild’s raid schedule of 4 hours a night. I would just PuG it thru dungeon finder 2 hours per night. I play when I want.

BTW, WoW token buying in BFA is like eliminated when BFA added about 4k gold on Paragon Chests…

Flag and move on. Against ToS under spam.

2 Likes

Then you either A. Don’t sleep. Or B. Completely neglected your wife and kids.

4 Likes

If by neglecting my wife and kids you mean picking them up from school, checking their homework, giving them baths and making them dinner on a daily basis, then yes. :rofl: But I’m sure some neglect was involved at some point. Some sick days may have been taken…

I guess the concept of grasping a subject is not your strongest trait…

Hes putting this out there to encourage people who work full time and have family, to keep on keeping on to 60 as there will be a chance for them to do late game.

They are not saying people who are “Hardcore” cant be hardcore, grow up.

Hidden behind every assertion that one doesn’t have enough time for classic is the implication that one feels compelled to keep up with an arbitrary deadline, or raid at a high level.

1 Like

Correct, assuming one’s only desired gameplay is raiding then retail is more for casuals than classic.

Although of course it isn’t really that hard to get around that.

That guy is probably some 16 year old brat in HS or some 19-23 year old that lives with his mom and plays all day and night and neglects everything IRL, atleast with his attitude anyways.

I work 40 hours a week, have 1 hour travel each way for work, and classes, with a wife, and have to cook, a home to maintain.

How does someone “not have time” for classic? Unless you’re a completionist or absolutely feel the need to keep up with no-lifers, I don’t see what the issue is.