Another "don't have time for classic" thread

To all the people with full time jobs, tho you might not be able to dedicate your time to a guild, once more 60s start to surface, I’m sure there will be alot of pugs. Classic was literally made for casuals believe it or not.

6 Likes

Some people want to do more than casual gameplay. Some people want to do progression raiding. Some people feel that if they can’t raid full time then why bother.

Your way of playing isn’t the only way. Did this really need a thread? No it didnt.

5 Likes

Some people want to do progression raiding.

On 15 year old raids? Okay.

8 Likes

I hit 60 in 4 weeks with a full-time job, a wife and 2 kids. As a warrior to boot…

Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/vala_
Youtube: Vala Thetank
Twitter: @valathetank

4 Likes

There’s been a time where playing mmos meant investing time and grinding and shlt… now people just want to reach endgame ASAP to complain that there is no content in a game.

I have less time to play because of life but it’s all good. We all end up 60 anyway.

/shrug

7 Likes

You mean there are people on the forum that want to play full time? Wow thanks for the heads up, hadn’t noticed.

??? There is no progression in Classic right now, if your guild was 8/10 it’s because not enough people had douses and they were too lazy to go get new ones while Raid is going.

Ragnaros is a joke with 1.12 only really bad pugs won’t be able to kill him

2 Likes

Yeah, 2-4 hour dungeons and 4+ hour raids just scream casual.

2 Likes

Idk, I have a full time job and have a 60 plus this one on the way. Didn’t take any time off work either. Although I honestly have still been playing way too much, but I know people with 3x as much played time as me. I definitely won’t be able to rank competitively without my gf leaving me, so I’m pretty much destined to be a raidlogging, weekend premader who caps out at r10 at the absolute highest, but that’s fine with me.

With that being said I’m generally pretty efficient with my time. A lot of people get discouraged if they can’t find a group for an elite quest, or dungeon or something, I generally just move onto the next thing if I can’t find a group in <15 min, whereas some people I’ve seen just sit at a standstill for hours trying to group for a quest that by that point is no where close to worth it from an xp/hr standpoint

2 Likes

I play one ir two hours per day…
My main I have about 3 weeks and level is 26.
I don’t care if the leveling is slow…
The wow end-game (classic or retail) is boring… I like The slow leveling :+1:t2:

6 Likes

The “I don’t have time to play classic because I’m too busy irl” excuse is actual BS tbh. Imagine thinking a full time job alone is enough to hold you back from playing.

3 Likes

Unless you work 40+ hours with a dedicated hobby etc I don’t see how progression raiding is out of the question.

I work 40 hours a week, beer league hockey, nights out etc, and I’m in a very good progression guild.

Classic is not all that time consuming, just have the time off ready for new content.

2 Likes

I have fun every time I log on. If I played more often the fun would gradually recede and begin to feel like work.

I play to maximize fun. A rarely acknowledged game mechanic is that fun is on DR as well. Finding the correct game/life balance to optimize my time in Azeroth does not include worrying about what everyone is doing or not doing.

Dont forget how the AH and bored max crafters can help fill your pre-raid gear in a flash, now that there is a strong supply. At least on the busy servers.

PSA for casuals…roll on the big busy ones for more options as you catch up.

What kind of complete and utter bs is this? Marine here. Wife. 10mo kid. When I get to come home, my wife goes to work and I then watch my son. That basically leaves hardly any time to dedicate to long dungeons or raids. Can’t just tell him to sit there and let dad play for hours on end. There’s also chores… things around the house that need done. Then come the weekend, I usually try and spend at least some time with the family since I don’t see them much during the week. I think that’s a fairly human thing to do. This isn’t even diving into hobbies I have like cars or fitness, catching a movie or things like that.

Sorry your idea of someone “having a life” is simply working an easy 9-5 and then sitting on their butt for the entire rest of the day. There are adults here who have other responsibilities that don’t put the game above all else. I play when I can for sure and I wish very much so I could say “sure, I can ensure that on 1-2 days a week I can sit in front of this screen for 4 hours straight and never have to get up,” but that’s simply not that case for some of us.

If you’re single or just don’t care about other things or your girl plays or whatever, that’s fine. But don’t go acting like “too busy irl” is bs. Some of us have very full lives. Of course you could get technical and say we could all still “play.” Sure. I can log in and play to some extent. But playing in the way you and others are talking about, specifically end game raiding, is harder now than it was 15 years ago when my only decision in life was what I wanted to eat for dinner.

12 Likes

Maybe it’s easier for some than others. The ability to balance all things revolves around time management and a little control

• Law school
  • Competitively powerlift in 2 federations so I’ve had to do some light traveling from time to time
  • Managerial Position at a firm I’ve been with for nearly 2 years (granted its a tech company that allows me to work from home a couple times a week)
  • I have close friends I catch a movie or grab dinner with throughout the week

And yet I still manage to play this game just fine. It’s just time management man, it’s your best friend and your worst enemy. I will say that I don’t have a family and perhaps that is a key element that heavily outweighs play time for most, so I won’t debate that because I don’t really know.

I work 70 hours a week graveyard shift and hit 60 last weekend with most of my BiS gear.

1 Like

Honestly for me its having a kid that kills it. I went from single living alone working full time, to eventually married and now with an 8 month old.

I used to be the guy thinking it was all priorities but having a kid now I get it. Hobbies, working a lot of hours, school and a girlfriend just is not even close to how a baby destroys your play time.

6 Likes

What are you doing in your dungeon runs? Taking a break to watch a movie?

1 Like

Sounds like retail is the better option, for that…lol.