Another Community Council invitation is given out!

That you don’t, lol.

Excuse you mon, “Don’t touch the voodoo!” is VERY important advice…

1 Like

Blizzard flak aside, I actually do trust them to get a good group of community members for this. There’s 100 seats which opens the way for a decent diversity. Contrary to what folks think of MVPs, they’re not ‘yes men’ and I see them critical of Blizzard and their choices pretty often.

3 Likes

The problem here is the fact that anyone can purchase an AOTC, so the person might not represent anyone except those who purchase AOTC.

It is kind of like when they came up with the guide system and then tied it to a N’zoth kill. They made an assumption that killing N’zoth would make the person much better at helping new player than someone who spends all of their time doing open world content. When both have value.

If Blizzard really wanted to find out how to make their game better, they’d send invitations out to people who have quit the game and have those individuals participate in a listening session. The company needs to understand why people have left in order to turn their ship around.

2 Likes

There was an entire application process that, among other things, asked how you contributed to the WoW community.

While someone who purchased AOTC could apply, they would likely be lacking in thier answer to that question and others on the application

I don’t recall any question that asked “did you purchase an AOTC?” And I’m sure no one would do any puffing when filling it out right? :thinking:

Ah hell, I still have yet gotten mine and I’m trying to get answers for questions by players. I gave my word blizzard don’t make me seem like the bad guy!

1 Like

Can confirm they aren’t just giving invites to streamers or mythic raiders. I haven’t done anything other than solo content since the end of BFA s1 and got an invite on the first wave. I also definitely haven’t been a yesman, I’ve been critical of Blizzard on PvP gearing for casuals for years.

I’ll be interested to see who else gets in.

5 Likes

In other news, I just got to level 17 in Final Fantasy XIV, and via story progression I unlocked the ability to level different classes using the same character.

That’s pretty rad.

2 Likes

If they don’t give one to celebrated pet battler and all-around good person, Hazel, I’m going to crap myself.

1 Like

As long as ion is still the game director nothing will change.

Just same poo different toilet.

2 Likes

I agree with this. people who have nothing but vomit to spew about the game don’t belong on the community council.

dude. no. Some of the MVP’s? sure. but an invite by default? that’s a seriously dumb take.

2 Likes

MVP got in? They will now become even more insufferable.

Oh no!

The wow community council title took your MVP green status :frowning_face:

Sorry I had to post this cause I saw your post in the community council

What do you find insufferable about me? The CS posts? Tech info? General policy and game explanations?

Testing here. They can set permissions per forum. If they mess it up I can ask them to fix it. No big deal. It only matters really when I am trying to give someone info and they need to realize I am likely not trolling them. heh.

Edit - yep DEGREENED. I am sure they can fix it eventually.

2 Likes

Mirasol is a good MVP though.

3 Likes

yep. many of the MVPs are great, super helpful on the CS & tech support forums (and here, when they post)

2 Likes

I think you’re confusing Ahead of the Curve with Cutting Edge.

Ahead of the Curve only requires a heroic clear of the final boss of a given raid tier.
Cutting Edge requires mythic.

Ahead of the Curve is done by quite a few people, especially near the end of a tier as heroic pugs start to get formed. Cutting Edge on the other hand, that’s rarer.

2 Likes

I think he may be.

but I’d also like to see CE raiders represented on the council.

It’s not the same though I hope you get your green text back you deserve it