Another 8-Hour Maintenance Window

SL pre-patch part II is expected on Tuesday but SL’s official launch is a week after Tuesday.

Wonder how big the download will be for SL and when will it become available. They wouldn’t wait until November 22nd, right?

But it is relevant as software implementation has not changed regardless of the year so you should understand that. Patch management will always go smooth or with issues even 10 years from now.

Thats still going to happen lets not pretend

In the old days, the patches used to be huge. They’ve made it more, uh, modular since then.

What does your software implementation argument have anything to do with…

Your comment talked about the first few years of WoW “always” having 8-10 hours of downtime. How is that even aligning with what you’re trying to argue with? Please don’t try to tell me that you’re talking about “software implementations” with that comment since you’ve 1) stated that it doesn’t change, and 2) that comment talks about the “first few years”.

depends on the patch and size tbh

I really don’t care, I’m just tired of people defaulting to “2005” for every single thing. Not saying you always do it, but it’s quite prevalent as a whole in the forums, especially from certain green-texters.

They are giving the hamsters time off before 23rd crap show launch

My comment was to address players ALWAYS complaining about something, so what it’s 8 hours every now and then. In other words be THANKFUL it is not like it use to be. You are the one that went off on a tangent about “I’m sick of blah blah blah from 2005” which I had to address in hopes to informing you about software, which I might have a clue to patch management as we do this in my job.

Last time I checked, they are also normally pretty good about 1 hr maintenances in almost every other aspect other than major patches.

Then be a little more clear next time - the way it was worded, especially with it ending in “so”, implies that it’s NBD because it was always like this before, not “be glad it’s not like this all the time still” or something to that effect. And that comment came well after i had already updated my OP as well, so I don’t understand why you (or others after I made the OP update for that matter) needed to chime in with irrelevant comments anyways.

Yeah, I’m sure no big changes to the game are coming out next week, no idea why they’d have to take advantage of these next two Tuesdays.

1 Like

It was implied and most people would see it that way, not my fault you failed to see the point I was making. Not my place to dumb down conversation for your comprehension ability.

1 Like

I’ll just be over here ———> :popcorn:

1 Like

This… is sadly very true

Eh. I’m working anyhow. Enjoy the withdrawal symptoms.

2 Likes

Yeah, sure, so tell me where in

“You do realize 1st few years there was always 8 to 10 hours downtime so”

I’m supposed to draw “at least it’s not like this all the time” from. That post is a perfect posterchild for the “back in my day” types. In any event, feel free to keep your shield up as I mute. Toodles!

Pretty sure

And

Go hand in hand.

1 Like

Ok easy enough, “You do realize 1st few years there was always 8 to 10 hours downtime so”, this statement was in hopes for you to go " Oh yeah that’s right, I do remember how long downtime was” , then you would think, “whew I am glad it is not like that anymore” , or you could have been like “I did not know that, maybe I should be thankful then”. I made a bland statement as I didn’t know your playing history in hopes you would compare what I said to your opening “Blah , blah , blah 8 hours, whaaaaa”

1 Like

Despite what inconveniences there may be to living on the bottom of the planet, this is not one of them. For the majority of this time I’ll be alseep. The last couple of hours - if it goes the full 8 hours - I will dedicate to other activities but at worst it will be 10am or so here before the game is live again.

I can deal with an hour or so of gorgeous summer sunshine and doing a bit of work out in the garden.

1 Like