Annihlator vs raging blow builds

Hi all,

Looking for prepatch feedback on Annihlator vs raging blow builds.

For single target, i don’t really see a good way to make an annihlator build work so I run a typical unbridled build but its just annoying tracking crushing blow (even with WA) etc.

For AOE, I always prefer an annihlator aoe whirlwind build over the titanic rage version. However, I am not sure how differently they sim.

It’s not hard to track Crushing Blows and you don’t need a WA at all. Legit if you use Rampage you get 2 Crushing Blow stacks. So after a rampage you should always prio pressing Crushing Blow immediately twice. Just build the muscle memory of Rampage then CB 2 times and it’ll become very simple.

1 Like

why track it at all when you can just one button it with rampage
/cast [known:crushing blow] Crushing blow; Rampage

2 Likes

Ooooo. This is… nice. I had no idea this was a thing as a macro.

Wow, does that actually work. If so that’s pretty amazing. I’ve had issues in the past where macros auto update/ or revert spell names on spells for spells that change (mostly dh/ warlock meta abilities).

I have the annihilator build on wowhead, however now my whirlwind has a 7 second cooldown?

Curious as to what i am missing that would make that good for aoe?

Edit: right after i typed this i found it. Storm of Swords.

However, is the 70%damage worth the 7 second cooldown?

You generally also take meat cleaver, so you only want to press it that often anyway.

yes, I haven’t had any issues with it so far but ive also only leveled to 62

1 Like

However without raging blow to press. Do we have 4 attacks we can press at any given time that doesnt have cooldown or rage requirement?

Sorry trying to learn ^.^

My warrior is only an alt but if I recall if you go the annihilator route then your buttons to press are blood thirst, slam and whirlwind (not counting execute procs or hitting the execute phase). Now you could fill the gaps with talents like odyns fury and onslaught but I would hesitate to call those abilities rotational.

That being said at least in my level experience going with SMF annihilator build there will be instances where everything is on cd and you don’t have the rage to spend on rampage- granted the downtime is pretty minimal though.

1 Like

2 gcds are bloodthirst, 1 is slam, 1 is rampage. Then you have cooldowns like odyns, thunderous roar, ravager to slot in as well

1 Like

You have rampage, bloodthirst, slam as attacks and bloodthirst should be ready every other gcd. This is not counting any cds such as avatar, odyn, roar, etc. Also, you will have execute proccing/being able to use in execute range. There will be times where nothing is up and you might have to wait for a gcd, but I consider that as a boon for playing annihilator (regular raging blow build = no rest ever).

1 Like