Anime / Manga choices

Second post in a day. I’m really, really bored. But in actuality…

Is there any anime or Manga that has gripped you recently?

For me it’s been Kaguya-sama: Love is War and it’s Manga source. It’s just so damn wholesome and sappy that it’s good. I recommend people check it out.

What about everyone else?

1 Like

No new manga or anime for me lately, but I recently re-read “Piece - Erinnerung an eine Fremde” by Hinako Ashihara, and it’s inspired me to keep going.
A quiet story of self-discovery for the protagonist, with a twist. The ending isn’t as sappy, but about our relationships with others, and compassion.

The series may exist in English, but I read it in my language :slight_smile:

Not new ones per se, but any MMO or RPG fan should deeefinitely watch Konosuba, Overlord, D-Frag, So You Thought There Was Never A Girl Online, and Goblin Slayer. Check em out!!!

My sister suggested one about a dude being reincarnated as a Slime and I just loved it. It’s so damn wholesome.

1 Like

I’ve been reading a manhwa recently called gu daoist master. It’s of chinese origin but the english fan translation is up to date at 35 chapters or so. There’s also a webnovel at 1200 chapters or somewhere in that ballpark. It’s a pretty interesting read thus far, with a villain as the main character who relies more on intellect and cunning than your standard fare. The characters all have reasoning behind their actions, which has been a refreshing change of pace from the storyline in certain video games i could mention.

1 Like

I main a Monk so yes.
The new Dragon Ball Super episodes have been very good and has renewed my love of the Dragon Ball universe as my favorite.
Other then that My Hero Academia is amazing.

1 Like

I’ve really been enjoying Takane & Hana. Viz is publishing new volumes bimonthly and I hate waiting. :sob:

Dorohedoro and Bride’s Story are my two favorite on going* series.

*Dorohedoro just ended but the final volume hasn’t been released yet.

Kinoku Nasu Fate series since I finished Fate apocrypha and played accompanying cell phone game Fate Grand Order.

I’ve been rewatching Natsume Yuujinchou, which is absolutely one of the best shows out there. I keep up with a pretty substantial manga list, too. My Hero Academia’s current arc is a little slow to get going, though. I’m watching two currently-airing shows, My Roommate is a Cat (agoraphobic writer adopts a cat, each week’s episode is told from his POV, then the cat’s) and Kaguya-sama (it’s just hilarious).

Ive almost finished that time i reincarnated as a slime. After that im gonna finiah goblin slayer or log horizon.

1 Like

i’m so back on my Dragon Ball bull it’s not even funny

1 Like

I don’t think it’s an anime/manga technically but MEH

The Dragon Prince, on Netflix.

Best show I’ve seen in a while.

1 Like

I didnt like the animation on dragon prince. Does it get better?

vinland saga is great if you’re the sort of person who has at some point installed the anime portraits mod for crusader kings II

It kinda stands out to me among manga as a pretty earnest attempt at historical fiction. Usually if we’re gonna get historical fiction out of japan it is an isekai or a jokey thing where historical figures are replaced by cute girls (or both)

I also like how it manages to be sort of gritty and violent without being obnoxiously grimdark, as the characters are still likable and it isn’t just an endless series of bad things happening like certain other medieval-setting comics.

It is also getting an anime

I’ve recently started watching Black Lagoon again. I am remembering how much I enjoyed it when I first watched it several years ago!

2 Likes

If you want something warm and comfy to read, I highly suggest Dad, The Beard Gorilla and I. Scanlations just caught up to the final chapter, it’s about a widowed man, his daughter, and his burly, goateed brother all living together and just kind of dealing with life.

1 Like

One Piece! :smiley:

1 Like

Dororo is dope. It’s a modern retelling of a 60s manga and anime by the same name. The premise is of an orphan travelling with a mysterious samurai who is blind, deaf, mute, and wears prosthetic arms and legs due to his power-hungry father bartering away his organs to 12 demons just before he was born. Gritty, full of action and despite some supernatural elements it realistically portrays what struggles and horrors the average person had to deal with during wartime.