Animal companion

I love it, I love having my two sabers, but why is it, maybe not the meta, but popular? I just started playing hunter again, I know it used to be the garbage talent. I read it’s -30% damage to ur main pet (don’t quote me that could be totally wrong) but Aspect of the beast adds 30% so is it basically having one pet? Dumb it down for this guy

In short…

Animal Companion has been buffed so it’s now numerically competitive in most situations or sometimes/often even better than Killer Instinct.

Here’s from Icy Veins, updated as of Jan 13, 2020.

Animal Companion is generally the best choice for overall DPS in most situations. The second pet can be somewhat squishy, and its pathing and movement speed will be slower than the main pet on average. In a perfect scenario, it is between 0.5% and 1.5% better than Killer Instinct on both single-target and multi-target scenarios.

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/beast-mastery-hunter-pve-dps-spec-builds-pet-talents

2 Likes

Ok so just a simple ya it does more damage haha, awesome thanks man

1 Like

Like Ghorak mentioned, It does more damage and is the prefered option now

However here’s a word of warning about the talent. Even if 8.3 improved it, it is fairly buggy.

I tend to avoid it when questing because there are situations where the companion takes a while coming out when summoned, which leaves you with a gimped version of your pet until it does, sometimes up to 15 seconds later. It is a much rarer occurence than before, but still happens.

I’ve also had situations where the companion ignores Kill Command orders or straight up doesn’t attack until resummoned which is pretty irritating in a raid boss fight.

3 Likes

Frankly, I used to use before it was buffed, and even then it was frankly pretty good. It felt very nicer than Killer Instinct, whether in vibes or output.

Iv definitely noticed the delay when it should be appearing

But in the end I have a giant black and a giant white saber so I’m happy