Anduin needs to pull one over on Sylvanas

“What does it mean to be Horde?”
“Is Anduin ready for leadership?”

I could’ve sworn we’ve seen these questions posed before…

8 Likes

Based on BFA being a pretty poor retread of MoP, I think I’ve finally come up with the perfect scenario for Anduin to prove himself worthy of leading the Alliance to the playerbase:

Horde forces are holed up in a the middle of Stranglethorn Vale, hiding inside a fortified base. Genn, Tyrande, and Anduin are at the strategy table, discussing what to do.

Tyrande: “We should go in there and wipe them out!”

Anduin: “Hush Tyrande!”

Genn: “Hush indeed! Our glorious king has a plan!”

Tyrande: “Why am I here or part of the Alliance at all?”

Anduin: “Sylvanas is too clever for a frontal assault. I propose that we send out our champions to build a bunch of traps, and then I will taunt the orcish commander, causing him to send out all his forces in three single file lines directly into the traps we’ve been building, winning us the battle.”

Genn: “A brilliant strategy my great and resplendent king!”

Edit: Also, it made me throw up in my mouth a little to realize that the literal point of this topic is that I’m saying Anduin needs an ‘A Little Patience’ moment, because ye gods that was abhorrent.

4 Likes

Hum, more like he needs a basic common sense moment and make that moment every remaining moment of his life.

No need to jump to ‘A little patience’ shenanigans

4 Likes

The same thousands years old military general got folded by an undead human couldn’t have been older than 30.

The difference is Arthas (and now Sylvanas) was ruthless and willing to do anything to reach victory.

Anduin has a lot of people that could advice him in military matters, his problem is that he duct taped some kiddie gloves on and actively tries to do the same to the people around him.

3 Likes

I’m no biologist, but you don’t LOOK like a Night Elf Warrior to me…

2 Likes

I ultimately agree, but I think there’s a big difference between someone who is barely an adult at 18 who has shown nothing but incompetence in military matters and someone who has at least a decade of combat experience. Arthas also had the advantage of an inexhaustible army who he could just smash against his enemies until they ran out of defenders, soldiers who required no rest/food/water who could endure fatal wounds since they’re already dead, and an inside man in Silvermoon who betrayed his people.

1 Like

Anduin has a ****mothering spaceship, someone who can see the future, someone who can create tornadoes, someone who has a goddess on speed dial, the most powerful mortal mage alive, veterans of a war that lasted thousands of years across space and time, two elves that are basically portable wormhole generators and a werewolf king that could turn every single human/nelf soldier into mini varians

Oh, and arguably 3 inside men in Saurfang, Baine and Valeera.

The only reason he hasnt won this war yet is because he wants peace above all, disregarding both justice and common sense.

6 Likes

Anyone can get oneshot in the head anyday, especially if bad writing supports it. That doesn’t make them any less powerful or smart.

Kings have fallen to simple poisoning, powerful presidents/mafia to a single gunshot…

I meant Arthas, not Godfrey

I mean the Horde has plenty of stuff they could use against the Alliance as well but they don’t. The Blood Elves have already shown they have the capability of teleporting onto a Draenei vessel, sabotaging it and crashing it. The blight used to be an impressive weapon but of course it is now countered by deus ex Jaina. The Nightborne are Chronomancers who could potentially erase people from history if they wanted. They have Iron Horde tech from the Mag’har with Iron stars that can blow open city gates with ease.

None of this matters even because the Gnomes have nukes and could easily wipe everyone off the face of Azeroth if they wanted.

The reason the Alliance haven’t won, and the reason the Horde haven’t won is because that’s not what Blizzard have planned.

That was before they joined the alliance, they now have improved their mage defences.

The blight is a deus machima by itself since there is no real explanation on why it was so strong in the first place when we have druids like malfurion. or… blight mask :japanese_goblin:

Not anymore, their time power was directly connected to the eye of amanthul.

right, open city gates an do what? they can’t win if the defenders are already prepared.
in fact, that is what happened in boralus, the defenders striked back and repelled the attack.

Now if we want to talk about powers of the horde not being used hum, telemancy.
isn’t that the mother of portals?
or are void portals already superior? :thinking:

1 Like

As a thought - which scenario do y’all think is better?

Having a superweapon shown, but negated by another ability in the next few scenes - or not having it get mentioned at all?

Both the Alliance and Horde have plenty of aces up their respective sleeves, but the majority of them seem to just e ignored.

How about 18 year old church boy with a 35,000+ year-old prophet and a 70+ year-old war veteran king as his advisors outsmarting a several thousand year old military general who listens to no one but herself?

3 Likes

IS NoT ThE SToRY ThAt We WaNT to TeLl

They should have thinked about that before making one faction get to space age
and giving more and more tech to both factions, submarines, flying fortress, aircraft carriers,iphones for selfies! :iphone:

5 Likes

Ok fair.

What are you talking about? Its still is a “press x to win” buttom. The fact that only Malf OR Jaina can stop the blight should clue you in about how powerful this stuff is.

Elissandre could only rewind a few moments with the eye of amantul and now most if not all of their heavy hitters are dead because we raided them.

I admit the iron stars are cool, but other than that its nothint that the dwarves or gnomes cant do.

You know what? I 100% forgot about that. Now we have no excuses to not void portal to Org and drop a nuke there after Teld.

1 Like

Source?

It’s something that was developed to melt the Lich King, it’s obviously going to do major damage to living stuff. That’s the explanation as to why its so strong.

Thalyssra still has time magic as of Nazjatar. We have no information as to what she is or is not capable of.

You know, I really don’t know what the big deal about Void Portals is. Is there something said in Alliance questing about them? Because to me it seems like nothing your average mage couldn’t do.

I’m fine with the blight being countered. I wish it had been countered by someone in the Alliance saying “You know what? Lets bring some gas masks!” or the Gnomes having something built to counter the blight in some way. Anything that showed the Alliance actually had a plan they came up with beforehand, not just “Oh, how convenient! Jaina showed up even though no one knew she was coming!”.

3 Likes

headcanon

oh sure, but it already has been seen. it shouldn’t be as strong as it was portrayed in lordaeron.
the short anwer is that blizzard simply wanted a cool moment rather than logic,we all agree on that.
and that it was easy to do it right.
“oh you do the expected move? lets show them something unexpected!”

she does? i haven’t seen her do that. interesting. she stops the time from someone?

A void portal was used to infiltrate rasthakan vault without them even noticing it.

1 Like

The blight is a dues ex as much as Jaina or Malf. Hell, it being countered by anything at all was a nice change of pace from that particular super weapon ending the fight.

6 Likes

Yep. During the fight against Azshara’s crab lady assistant, Thalyssra casts a spell called “Rewind Time” or something when you or Jaina take damage to heal your wounds.

1 Like