Anduin and LFR

Blizzard,

I know LFR is a joke to most people but it’s great for gearing alts and getting alts set pieces, so spare us the git gud comments please.

@Blizzard, please, please, please stop making me go into LFR queues with bosses we don’t need. I have been into like 10 queues for Domination’s Grasp where all I need is Anduin, and Anduin is already dead…then I get punished for leaving and have to wait 30 minutes…it makes literally zero sense and is a horrible customer experience.

3 Likes

It would be nice if you could select if you’re willing to backfill or prefer only fresh runs for LFR wings. Like the party leader flag.

Maybe if they added an auto filter so it wouldn’t group you if only bosses you’re saved to are left in the raid.

I’d rather spend an extra 20-30 min in queue than waste 2-3 hours on queue, wipes, and bosses I don’t need. At that point, the deserter debuff is a no brainer. 2h long queues to get into a group you’re saved to already is terrible.

LFR is a casual product. With 4 wings you’re eating up 1-3 hours several nights a week for completion on this content alone. It leaves very little time for other endeavors if your game time is sparse.

I would also prefer trash be reduced in LFR. Again, it’s a casual product and should be maintained as such. Anything over 5 hours a week committed to queue and completion means the content gets overshadowed by stuff like sandworn relics, m+, and the world boss very quickly. These groups are much less demanding on time and group size.

I also don’t understand while this system is so hostile towards casual players, who make up probably a huge chunk of the paying player base. I don’t know exact percentages, but a few QoL changes to the group finder could salvage a few subs a month I would think.

3 Likes

If you come into a run that’s partially complete, and stay until the end, then you’ll get priority for a fresh run on your next queue of that wing.

1 Like

Most groups would never backfill

This seems to not work anymore in SL. Maybe a bug, maybe a stealth change.

1 Like

Yeah if you could select to only do fresh runs, then the vast majority would select it and no groups would be able to back fill. If your group falls apart on the second boss then you’ll likely have to rekill the first boss again next queue anyway, leading you back to where you are now with the same problem.

They need to fix their broken system and make it so you get a fresh run again if you do the other bosses.

It was a great fix, not sure why it was removed or broke.

It worked perfectly until this raid.

1 Like

That hasn’t been working in the newest raid. It’s like they removed or broke the feature

1 Like

I really miss “Join Party In Progress” toggle from 14.

Then again, so many people would refuse to join in progress groups that a tank leaving would kill the instance.

Well, since you said please :crazy_face:

I mean the reality is it’s 2022, to put in code that says “Do not enter this queue because it has bosses this character no longer needs” really does not seem that difficult…I’m pretty sure a 4th grader could do it for fun in their spare time.

1 Like

Apparently they changed that, maybe thinking that would be an incentive to get “LFR heroes” to join a guild, change their jobs to fit that guild’s schedule, and ignore their family commitments to do real raiding.

Nah. What they should do is permit queuing for one boss.

1 Like

That would be really nice and this game needs it honestly.

1 Like

They tried that when LFR first launched, and immediately scrapped it when people just canceled queues for existing raid instances.

It’s annoying, but yeah, you get a priority if you requeue following

I have sort of a solution to this because I know quite a few people who would back to back que for LFR if they brought something back…

The MoP LFR bags.

You remember those? The ones that could have mounts and pets in them? Satchels and LFR are currently a joke as you will almost never get one - even if you sign up in the window, the offer will go away once you finish. If they made some sort of deal that if you qued for an in-progress, with the satchel up, you are guaranteed that juicy old lil bag.

People on 14 will spam the hell out of Alliance Raids with in-prog on just because it’s a fast way to farm materia. Makes the que super quick.

1 Like

We have scaling technology, use it in LFR. If a key position leaves (tank or healer below a certain count) than introduce an npc to fill that role. That box gets replaced if a tank joins after an encounter in process.

I think they should replace LFR with a story mode where you just do the raid with NPCs and it gives no gear. This way people can see the story easily, while also incentivizing moving into actual raiding for the gear.

1 Like

They broke the LFR match-making. Zone in. Just Halo is up. Cool, I’ll down him and requeue. Zone in again with just Halo up. Like, why?

1 Like

It’s just not worth it. The queues keep getting longer and the players keep getting worse each xpack. Spending hours on lfr when you can just run normal is stupid. At least people try in normal

after the slog of wod LFR and legion LFR, i will only do LFR with friends now cause then i know at least one other person there is trying.

If you clear the instance then requeue you are 100% garaunteed to get Anduin and a full run. The thing is, people are doing what you’re talking about doing. They kill Anduin and then leave because they don’t need the other bosses. So you’re complaining about yourself while dealing with yourself. It’s crazy…