An Update on Shadowlands

Downvoted.

2 Likes

I manage 14 software engineers. So I get how critical it is to release a quality product to customers on time. But you know what happens if I commit my team to a date and then we don’t meet that date? I lose my job.

You’re postponing the date because endgame isn’t ready… to me what you’re saying (and putting my player hat on the same time as my manager hat) is you boot licked to a small percentage of insanely vocal, elitist, professional gamers in your customer base. The vast majority of your players won’t see endgame content until a few weeks to a month in. In order to NOT have missed your dates, it seems you should have probably:

1. Listened to those vocal elitist professionals MUCH sooner since you gave them all alpha and beta, and they’ve been testing and complaining for months.
  2. Been more realistic with your estimates
  3. Been more accommodating and provided better resources to your devs to help them better adjust and be more successful while working from home. All my deliverables were met this year and we’ve all been working remotely since March too!! It’s not an excuse. You owe it to your devs to help them adjust.

And yes, I’m a bitter old woman and I’m ticked. I’ve never vented on here and won’t make it a habit. Though I do feel oddly better…

8 Likes

This is awesome if you actually improve the game and make well needed changes and polishing. But if you delay it 2 months and covenants still come out horrible and you ignore all feedback about them, you’re gonna have a lot of mad players.

1 Like

Real good play here! Get the game ready before releasing it, everyone will appreciate it more that way :slight_smile: !

Good decision, team! Glad you’re taking the time to give us your best!

Every expansion have launched unfinished, then is fixed in the weeks months after. Trust me, I been here for them all. When you commit to something, you do it. If you think they are going to launch a polished expansion out of the gate, you are unfamiliar with Blizzard. For much of the players, delaying after announcing a date has monetary repercussions.

1 Like

Good job. Thanks for taking the time to do it right.

This. Here here!

1 Like

I think it’s more of a bloat issue. Blizzard decided on 10/27 release date many months prior to the announcement date. I think when they announced the release date in Gamescom, the devs pretty much already knew they would have to delay the expansion.

Just takes a while for a company this huge to go through all the checks and paperwork to officially delay the expansion.

Open BETA for all? since we are 1-2 months away from release

Thank you so much Blizzard! Let’s get it right this time!!! :slight_smile:

I’m upset but its for the best. Excited that I will have plenty of time to level up and learn new alts.

You can have a prepatch date, but it’s gonna cost you an expansion date.

4 Likes

Does this mean you’ll reimburse us for the plane tickets we bought to reunite our long time WoW friends which we do for each expansion?

I’m all for the extra time to ensure the best experience, but our experience is quite literally ruined by this late announcement.

3 Likes

How about instead of using your vacation time to play a video game you spend time with your friends and family?

Refund Complete!

You’ve completed the process. The product and amount listed below will be refunded to your select payment method. Refunds can take up to 72 hours to process. You will receive an email confirmation with this order number.

Thank you Blizzard for being understanding.

A press release (like pr newswire) would be seen too many eyes.

But yeah, give the scoop to a fan site. That would have been hilarious.

That’s a big rip.

Using the vacation time was to spend it with my friends and family honestly, we all play

2 Likes

My only thing is…

They went out of their way to drop a release date only a few months ago and reassured everyone they were on target for that release date…

And just a few weeks before launch, SURPRISE!!!

I agree that the delay was necessary but man, not a good look. They didn’t handle this very well.

5 Likes