An RPer's reflection on Darnassus - four years after logging out for the last time

But what do you imagine victory, just victory, in the WoT feels like for a Horde player?

Given the alternative, yes. And before you say I should play Alliance, I do.

2 Likes

I don’t need to imagine. They told me.

Before Warbringers: Sylvanas, while I did see some Horde players who were queasy about the whole thing, I saw in the discords and on these boards a fair amount who were excited about such an astounding victory. There was a lot of meming, there was a lot of trash talking, and the twitter threads over art from the WoT are an interesting time capsule if you ever want to look. There’s also a video, I believe from Trade Chat where you see the transition take place in real time. She goes from “Oh, I’ll bet Jaina did it” to feeling absolutely crushed over the news that Sylvanas was going to be the one who did it all along.

After? I saw the no-shoulder movement. I saw “not my warchief”, I saw buckets of fanart depicting Horde OCs reacting as if this was a horrible tragedy. I saw a lot of Horde discontent - and it’s justified discontent. I saw a fair number of Horde players give up completely on the story or switch to Alliance.

I’m not arguing that you got the better of this, I’m just asking that we separate the elements.

1 Like

Once your tricked three times your tricked and incompetent for not seeing it AGAIN!

2 Likes

So are you willing for your “big, juicy W” to include the entirety of the Horde’s WoT experience? Or do you only want to separate out the Judas Priest part?

3 Likes

It is deeply important to contextualize the above Kyalin comment with the knowledge that she considers any joke, meme, quoting of another person, or image of Teldrassil without immediate condemnation as a tacit “support” of its burning.

So take her anecdotes about “well uh 5 years ago I saw a reddit post that said this!” with a football stadium of salt.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t ask for a carbon copy, no. But, for more details, see the PVP narrative post Shadowlands thread.

I DO think that Night Elves should be depicted going after civilians though - mostly for the sake of Horde motivation and frankly, because I think they would at this point. But if you’re asking that the Night Elves say, raze Orgrimmar? No, that’s unfair to multiple parties in multiple ways, and we should not simply copy what happened in BFA.

Edit: Link to that thread: Writing a PVP-Narrative, Post Shadowlands

As I understand it those catapult projectiles employed Shamanistic magic which was fueled by the inherent magic of the Tree itself.

Which was kind of a lazy way of just forcing it to work.

If Horde shamans can do that, it makes no sense to me to say that Ragnaros couldn’t have hurled a giant flaming boulder at Hyjal and chuckled as it mystically incinerated.

3 Likes

Probably could of if a crowd of ragtag Champions hadn’t broken down his front door and offed him. :slight_smile:

He pops up in a pool of lava well before they get the chance as the dragon we’re riding gets scared and relays the news.

Pleeenty of time.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/370566493026516992/799039962477494302/unknown.png

https://i.imgur.com/b4Pk9yv.gif

keep it up k-dog, every time your discord pals spam report me i become even more powerful

10 Likes

You know that’s not how I operate, v-shizzle… or whatever I’m supposed to call you. I can’t say I have control over what other people do though.

To everyone else though, please don’t report Valko. Her antics can speak for themselves.

Edited for prior inaccuracy

Welcome to the club.

Her antics*.

Oh, this ain’t the first time and it won’t be the last. The only thing Kya-kya’s personal simp loves more than horse genitals and racism is obsessively flagging every post in a thread I make about Night Elves. I just find it funny more than anything.

1 Like

Why are people bothering responding to Kyalin?

She’s more of a robot than me and I’m a Mechagnome.

1 Like

It’s a rather prestigious club I hear :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I saw burn it all. ALL OF IT YOU HEAR?! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

OSHA compliancy never dies.

2 Likes

Bow down to your OSHA overlords!

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they’re sitting on D-level in the US Regulatory Agencies tier list.

Call me when the CFPB is knocking through.

1 Like