An interesting thought for a defensive for us

So the pvp talent Counterstrike totem. So you make it baseline have it useable in stun and have it heal us while it damages the enemy that is attacking us. Or that the damage is transferred from us to the totem causing it to damage our attacker.

The totem still only takes one hit to kill :frowning:

increase its hp to make it so it cant be 1 shot. Although you will be surprised at how many people ignore the totem

So basically make it like monk’s touch of karma?

No because it deals damage to done to us back to the one or ones that damaged us.

To be fair, restoration shamans technically have 3 cooldowns. Earthen wall (cooldown for large pack pulls) Spirit link (10% dmg reduction and health exchange), and Earth Elemental (aka rockboi) which AOE taunts for trash pulls and can significantly reduce dmg taken on trash. Now we don’t have a big external like pain suppression, or one as frequently as ironbark, but dmg reduction isn’t the only way to keep tanks alive. I honestly feel that improving Surge of Earth to give us a better instant cast tank heal is really what we need. If i can instant cast a sizeable heal every ~ 30 sec that’s better than another dmg reduction cooldown IMHO.

I posted about it here: What's the point of Surge of Earth? - #11 by anon23006195

Well this is supposed to be for all 3 specs of shaman.

The title clearly says shaman defensive and not tank def or external tank CD.

They should scrap CST and make a true defensive that requires a PVP talent. Even though we are the ONLY class without a true immunity/swap off me defensive AND subpar healing in output and resource.

Especially now that we have Lightning Shield base line. Have it require Lightning shield as a prerequisite.

Cool Flashy name
Passive: Requires lightning shield
Empowers your lightning shield to reflect 20% of all dmg back at attackers as nature dmg and generate 5 maelstrom every 5 seconds up to 30 maelstrom while out of combat.
On use: cost 30 maelstrom 1 min CD. 6 sec duration
Static Overload magnifies lightning shield reflect to 50% and causes lightning shield to generate stacks on dmg received. At 10 stacks your lightning shield explodes in arcing chainlightning dealing 100% of all dmg to and from static overload followed by a tremendous thunder clap knocking all enemies in a 10 yd radius of the shaman down for 3 sec. Useable when stunned.

3 Likes

If you’re just worried about PVP defensives, just make astral shift usable while stunned and maybe increase it to 50% dmg reduction… that’s a huge defensive. That’s all three specs of shaman.

The problem with just bandaiding Astral Shift is that you just get trained through it and die 3-5 sec later than what you would have.

Shaman has no immunity. This use to not be an issue because our heals actually healed us. Either buff our heals make us tanker to take overall less dmg or give us a true defensive.

3 Likes

I think they should bring back Stoneclaw Totem (with the glyph built in) and make it off the gcd. That way you can use it to defend yourself or your totems or both at the same time. Drop cap or counterstrike or whatever else and instantly Stoneclaw to defend it so they can’t break it in pvp.

He was talking counterstrike totem too, which is a pvp skill. I haven’t played resto since beginning legion but talking about how things work in pve pulls is not the way to go I feel.

He’s done this in every post he has made. Just trying to bring attention to his thread.

1 Like

Well my suggestion was made to work for both pvp and pve. Either way I thought it was a interesting idea to get a defensive out of something we already have that just requires a tweak or two to make it a defensive.