An idea for Wrath and Cata

Ok hear me out.

What if we had a way to get real feedback about the future of WoW Classic?

I have an idea. It’s not revolutionary or anything but here goes:

So Wrath of the Lich King isn’t The Burning Crusade but, as a trilogy, it seems to be fine.

People don’t seem to have as much of an issue rolling new toons/characters/heros on Wrath of the Lich King servers.

Would it be wise to keep those servers open with the option to transfer to Cataclysm at the proper level WHILE, and this is fairly important, keeping a guage on players by asking for feedback as to why they transferred or why they won’t or if they will in the future?

That way the team can make a sound decision on whether pursuing further expansions in Classic is something they want to do.

I don’t know what the teams are thinking. I don’t know much of anything however I do believe this could be a cool idea!

1 Like

You’ll consider this “insane,” but for what it’s worth: A Better Way To Do Cataclysm

The “it’s a spade not a shovel” argument, which is only one of the fallacies that clown likes to use. His posts are deliberately disingenuous, wanting to argue over unnecessary foolishness.

This is pure assumption and perspective, which is usually not a good thing. However, when EverQuest original hit around this age, they started progression servers. I do think that’s what Blizzard is working towards.

With that said, it’s pure speculation. But the shoe does fit, because I know I am not the minority when it’s believed that Cataclysm is in no way shape or form classic.

Just do what they did for Classic transisioning to TBC, have the server progress with the option to clone a character to WotLK. It’s essentially the same as yours but the other way, no need to say why, just look at the number of players and raid participation.

Again you don’t need to use preformatted text, you’re allowed to link to other forum posts but if you insist on using it make sure it’s seperated from other text otherwise it’s just annoying to go to. A slight nitpick but with the way you have it (,I edited it on my end) when double clicking to highlight, it also highlights the top line making the link unusable making you needing to manually highlight.

Just trying to be helpful.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/a-better-way-to-do-cataclysm

Classic is whatever Blizzard says Classic is and Cataclysm Classic is indeed Classic. It might not be a classic to some, but it being under the WoW Classic banner is entirely up to Blizzard. Kinda getting tired of saying classic…

1 Like

I can call a cat a dog too, but at the end of the day it’s still clearly a cat. With that said, I am not interested in arguing on the forums. Have a great day.

You too mate.

Do you think my idea is kinda cool?

At this point they are probably wondering what Microsoft has in mind and whether or not they are going to lose their jobs.

They did a survey

1 Like

Doubtful they are not wondering this at all. Layoff’s happen all the time. IT has been shedding jobs for the last 12 months.

Just because some Blizzard employees were layed off =/= WoW is doing a bad job etc or Cata caused this layoff or other bogus nonsense, or the reason for the layoff is we have tokens, no era server, the 30 min debuff for being kicked, RDF was incorporated into classic, etc etc etc.

It’s normal after mergers or acquisitions to see more layoffs than usual.

I am very familiar with how corporate mergers, acquisitions and take overs happen.
Those have already happened. There is no indication more are coming.

I hope your right.

No crystal ball so you never know but I hope so too.

1 Like

Yes. I would absolutely love that option. I am glad for those who want Cata classic. I would love to retain my characters in Wrath-ever era; similar to Classic-ever era.

Please Blizzard consider this!

Heck, if it was only a one-way fee (meaning just to REMAIN in a Wrath realm) I would even go for that option. Seriously. I want my Wrath characters in Wrath.

And those who want to move into Cata can still do so.

1 Like

Don’t be foolish and I won’t argue with you.

I had seen a survey but maybe a more specific survey after Cataclysms release over the course of some years.

Maybe thats very far in the future

I filled out that survey. They did the opposite of what I suggested. :+1:

By the way, they never once asked about Wrath Era.

1 Like

This is honestly an interesting Idea. I would love to have one permanent wrath classic realm to clone to at the very least. While still being able to enjoy the awesome things cataclysm added to.

2 Likes