An Idea for SEF

The ability is inherently buggy. I agree with those who want to get rid of it all together but I also understand it plays a lot into Monk class fantasy/identity.

So I was thinking something like…

Storm, Earth and Fire (1 or 2 Charges)

• Last x seconds or effects each ability once per charge

Attune with the elemental spirits of Storm, Earth and Fire, empowering your Blackout Kick, Tiger Palm and Rising Sun Kick.

• Blackout Kick is empowered by the Storm spirit, making each cast chain to 2 nearby enemies and deal additional nature damage.
  • Tiger Palm is empowered by the Earth spirit, causing each cast to stun/root the target and grant 1 additional chi
  • Rising Sun Kick is empowered by the Fire spirit, dealing x additional damage and healing you for x.

The animations could send an image through your target when the ability is cast which would be able to use the models that currently exist.

And obviously each effect could be totally different than what I have suggested. Either way I think working with these 3 abilities would be very flavorful and would feel very fluid with how WW plays.

It works in both PvE and PvP, it would be a combination of a burst/utility cooldown and I would imagine it would feel a lot better to press.

Just a thought /shrug

2 Likes

The only thing I want happening to SEF is revert back to original.
And the issue that noob monks had with it could be solved with (if you direct attack an enemy with an active clone, the clone is dismissed.)

2 Likes

Sef is a very cool ability, just needs to be ironed out.

1 Like

I agree. I’m getting more used to it. It just feels like a lot on top of Xuen and Venthyr

I think it got buggy when they started jumping around to help us tag things to make mark of the crane easier. I wish they would just tunnel my target or we could mark a target and if the target dies before sef runs out it reduces the CD. RJW does a good job of tagging without having to alt tab through everything for SCK.

i hate the actual SEF, but something cool to be add to this spell is when you double press to lock the target, the clones attach to you and you gain 6 arms like this: https://www.deviantart.com/monsterlover12/art/Commission-Naruto-Alternate-Asura-Design-V-2-737300777
it will fix the clones targeting problem, but i still hate SEF