Amplify Curse toggles Blood Pact off and back on

Whenever I activate Amplify Curse, Blood Pact will toggle off and back on quickly which effectively drains HP from myself and my party members. I noticed that after the Amplify Curse buff falls off, either because the timer runs out or I cast a curse, Blood Pact will again toggle off and back on. This happens every time whether in a party or by myself. I have the Improved Imp 3/3 talent.

4 Likes

This happens to me as well and it is very annoying. I also have improved imp 3/3, but I don’t have the extra gold to throw around for respec to test if that talent is the cause of the problem.

I have just respecced keeping the amplify curse talent and now have 0/3 in improved imp. I can confirm that with 0/3 improved imp this bug does not occur.

Good to know that about improved imp causing the issue. I also realized today that the Nightfall effect causes the exact same problem whenever it triggers. I guess that I will respec out of improved imp until they fix this.

1 Like

I can confirm this is still happening as of 2019.09.14

2 Likes

This is still occurring as of 2019.09.23.

I feel it makes Improved Imp detrimental currently. =(

So this is still occurring?
I reported this bug week1 of release.

So as I can see it. Improved imp seems to be the culprit causing amp curse to trigger blood pact recasting.

Kind of annoying really as improved fire shield is quite useful for increasing tank threat on aoe.

Confirmed its still happening.
Nightfall also causes this behavior.

Still happening as of 11/17 with Nightfall

A fix or two would be nice.

I choose to be optimistic and will believe that they’re so quiet about all the bugs because they’re hard at work fixing the broken spell-batching system that’s causing most of them. They’ll get to these others ones in time.

Ahh who am I kiddin, they’re too busy counting all the money we gave em.

It would be nice to see a fix or two… I mean, I reported this week 1 and nothing has changed yet.
Frankly I’m surprised this bug made it through the beta.

To add to the subject of the currently bugged Imp-- Improved Firebolt 2/2 is only reducing the cast time of Firebolt to 1.5s, instead of 1s. This was a bug that blizzard originally fixed in 1.12 of vanilla, but is currently still bugged here.

I thought it felt like that talent wasn’t working correctly either. (i respecced shortly after so I wasn’t 100%)
It’s just a shame though as I had wanted to level as a support affliction (improved weakness, improved imp, improved healthstone etc) but due to these gameplay breaking bugs I ended up going full demo with a powered up succy.