AMD RX560 Performance and Direct X 12 issues

What you have been told is actually true. Your AMD Render only Device. Works the same way the old NVidia optimums laptops use to work. The Integrated GPU Driver has to be told what to do for each and every program. If the program is not defined it defaults to the Integrated GPU One of the reasons why In the old days NVidia Optimus laptops the dedicated GPU would stop working every time there was a Patch. Until the drivers were updated. NVidia changed the way the device was identified by windows to increase compatibility.

The fact is even AMD support does not know how their switchable GPU’s work. They have limited knowledge had to deal with them about a CPU issue Had a tech tell me that it was fine that the my Ryzen CPU was not stable at stock speeds unless it was at 1.5 volts Had to get a manager to get a RMA . the tier 1 techs you get are like any other company they use check lists to diagnose issues. They are suppose to escalate the ticket if they can not help you The GPU’s are designed by a separate division of the company in Canada. If you can either get support to escalate the tickets so you get a response from AMD Radeon. or try to contact them yourself.

A “Band-Aid” May be the only fix until Either the Laptop Manufacture releases Drivers or AMD releases drivers that have the new parameters for wow. It is likely if you complain enough to dell you might be able to get Dell Beta drivers that will work

The issue you are having is very common with AMD switchable GPU’s. Because of the way it is identified by windows.

Actually, I reached a Dev named Matt at AMD. Not a tech. And I listed several of the things we did together in order to test. The card isn’t being utilized correctly, and it certainly isn’t maxxing out the 1/2 G on the R5 integrated, either. In tests, we can see the RX560 being called. That’s just fact.

I’m sure I mentioned that.

I started with support, sure. But I’ve been tech support and run tech support departments for various companies/software/devices from the old Nextel DAP phones to B2B sensitive databases in VFP — and while I don’t have any desire to do that again, I do know that lower support follows only an SOP. In fact, some even have a script they are unable to deviate from or get hit by QA departments.

I contacted Dell in Texas. I got a colleague of mine (I work in media and publishing now — thank goodness) to get me the media contact there, because even if you call the Texas home office number, you’re patched to their overseas CS. The guy the media lady got me to (name escapes me at the moment)… I explained the breadth and depth of the issue with their little game that support is playing over there to get commissions… and that’s all it is. A game to get commission. There is nothing real going on there as far as a fix.

The bandaid comment was a simile for “useless…”

I have chatted with other people who fell for this little scam and have paid to go through the process without any resolution and were just out the cash. One guy I chatted with online even went further because not being able to, “resolve it remotely,” paid more to send the laptop to Dell for a fix, only to have the same situation. So, no, there isn’t something Dell does that is real or true that is going to magically fix the issue.

I’d almost buy it was how Windows was calling it if other games I’ve tested didn’t function just as well as they should and I didn’t spend 100+ hours troubleshooting this thing.

But, nope.

I get the loyalty to the game and the evolving story to defend it’s functionality. I really do. We’re not that different. I wouldn’t still be playing and paying if I didn’t feel loyal to the game as well. I played at the beginning, I moved somewhere rural and couldn’t play for a few years due to limited internet speed at the time, and now have been back playing for several years again. I very much enjoy Wow, and no other multiplayer really compares… still.

But I’m also not blind to the fact that there are things about a game this large that are going to be broken from time to time. This is one of those things. I’m not unreasonable. I’ve been pretty patient. I’m not pouting or carrying on. It is just a fact that now it’s time that it is addressed.

It has nothing to do with loyalty but knowing how the render only GPU actually works. The way you think the Render only GPU works is incorrect. You have been misinformed. Below is a very simple but correct explanation

To make it very simple . The integrated GPU driver has a list of basically every program out there similar to a SLI profile. The list tells the Integrated GPU How to utilize the Render only Device for that program.

If the program is not listed the Integrated GPU driver will Default to using the Integrated GPU. or improperly utilize the render only device

The above is why NVidia changed the Render only device from Just a Device to being listed as a GPU. Nvidia had the same issues back in the day every time a new game, program came out or a game patched

Have you ever noticed that when you look at The driver notes there are game fixes And added support for new games. The examples below are from the current drivers . They added support for those two games. Why because previously they had the same issues you are having.

AMD Radeon has to add support for the new patch for your Render only GPU to work correctly

Below Are notes from two of the recent AMD GPU drivers. What has been added section

Support For

• Sekiro™: Shadows Die Twice
  • Generation Zero

Different set of drivers

Support For

• Assassin’s Creed®: Odyssey
    • Up to 4% faster performance in Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 at 1920x1080 (1080p). RS-277
  • Shadow of the Tomb Raider™
    • Up to 3% faster performance in Shadow of the Tomb Raider using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 at 2560x1440 (1440p). RS-278
  • DOOM™
    • Up to 5% faster performance in DOOM using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 at 3840x2160 (4K). RS-279
  • Wolfenstein™ II: The New Colossus
    • Up to 5% faster performance in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 at 3840x2160 (4K). RS-280
  • Strange Brigade™
    • Up to 7% faster performance in Strange Brigade using Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 on the Radeon™ RX Vega 64 graphics card than with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition 18.12.1 at 3840x2160 (4K). RS-281

Google search issues with AMD switchable graphics and you will get page after page of issues.