Am i the only one who thinks random bg's should all have baseline gear?

nobody buying carries in bgs under level 60. so much effort for a cheeve at 60 while im smashing all of your alts in leveling bgs lol.

i thought gear didn’t matter you’re just that good?

1 Like

Who are you talking to?

everyone complaining about pvp at 60. if you dont want to go full neckbeard and get forced into rated content JUST to do random bgs there are other options. ego forces alot of people to grind on for a cheeve or a mount and i could care less about either. ive had fun under max level off and on for 15 years and haven’t had to step into arena or rbg one time.

1 Like

This is borderline unintelligible.

I thought that twinking died off.

i dont think that word means what you think it means. i didn’t write it in dolphin :dolphin: speak.

Anyone with half of brain cell that’s played other mmos other than wow could tell you taking away the scaling with massive gear disadvantages leads to sh>t pvp. Korean style p2w. :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag: :whale: :whale: :whale: :whale: :whale: :whale: :whale: Hur durr muh progression

3 Likes

See, the funny thing about this point is that everybody requested it, and I was trying to explain to them how it wouldn’t be in their interests as undergeared players. Nobody listened, which…is super funny in hindsight. People actually doomed themselves.

I guess that’s the power of clickbait.

Pardon?

either equal gear or vers brackets. anything but what they have now.

1 Like

Didn’t they try that a few exp ago? It was horrible, if I remember right. What Blizz should fix is their matching algorithm. Not remove the high gear folks from the BG, but if there are 5 high item level toons on one side, match 5 high level toons on the other, and same with the lowbies in the group. Also, I don’t know if this is still a thing or if it was fixed but high item level toons would que in scrub gear and then swap prior to entering BG so the numbers would be mismatched. Fix that, make it so it looks at highest item level in your bags, not equipped.

I think there are things that can be done, but templates I feel are not the answer.

What was horrible about it?

Everyone was complaining about balance, the templates where always messed up, one class would do better, templates then would be adjusted, and another class would be meta… people would complain, you name it, you think of it people flamed about it.

Ah yes, Legion was definitely not good.

The expansion before it though was amazing and everyone could earn conquest gear and it was only 10ilvl ahead of the honor gear.

Yea, I thought Warlords was awesome PVP, had a lot of fun pvping then.

But, I think the hard core raiders complained about the PVP gear cause it was awesome and we didnt have to raid to get it. there is always someone who yells…

1 Like

thankfully, Blizzard has a separate pvp and pve ilvl on pvp gear. Its a simple fix.

1 Like

Thats a horrible idea. I’d rather they match exp/cr than ilvl

Just give everyone access to the same gear and then everyone’s eventually the same ilvl

3 Likes

It does drive their decision making. The $15 a month charge is just a bonus to Act/Bliz. WoW is losing their share of the once large massive slice of the gaming pie. The game will never die but the subs are down. Microtransactions are the way top make massive amounts of money. And they are. Over a billion I believe was the last report? I think.

To think otherwise is naïve. They even made crafting legendaries almost reliant upon WoW Tokens. A first level piece of legendary gear requires 200+ Gold per 15 levels to advance to the next level. And that’s only for the merchant supplied/required materials. Not ore or enchanted mats. Legendaries should be hard to make. But a player should be able to gather ALL the materials and not be forced to buy high, obnoxiously priced merchant mats.

3 Likes

That will work also, I was just throwing stuff out there, I am not stuck on anything. Not like blizz will listen to anything we have to say anyhow…

They both complicate matchmaking, and have the potential to negatively impact queue times.

by far the easiest way to solve so many problems in PVP, is to have1 conquest & 1 honor set.

2 Likes