Am I stupid?

Your title, that takes nerve. I’d never ask anyone online if I’m stupid.

1 Like

Pfft.

They’d just ignore you anyway.

Well… like I said, where do they hang out now? I don’t see them at the old spots anymore.

However, I didn’t know about the Iron Docks.

It’s probably Blizzard employees who are selling the gold, carries, loot, gear, etc on those websites.

2 Likes

Haven’t checked there recently, might still be there.

Blizz just doesn’t care.

It’s not that.

There was a discussion here more than a decade ago about the damage banning gold traders did to Everquest. There is a reason why we have tokens now as well. Blizzard wants control of that market, but coming down too harshly disincentives a lot of players and pushes those same gold traders todo actually harmful things.

I wasn’t able to find the specific article, but this write up does a decent job.

http://www.nickryan.net/articles/goldselling2.html

In the perfect world, Blizzard would want them gone. Anyone who says there is an easy solution doesn’t understand the complexity of the problem and Blizzard is hardly profiting much from these bots as many of them are operating off hacked accounts.

1 Like

the utter lack of logic in the OP’s conclusion is astounding.

2 Likes

I really don’t think that’s the case anymore.

If they were dormant accounts someone would still have to pay to activate it and if they’re active you would see thread after thread of people complaining about hacked accounts.

And this isn’t the 2000’s where most people used the same password everywhere and websites stored user credentials in plain text.

That is about as likely as email and Facebook becoming spam-free. At a certain point things get too oppressive and you start actioning innocent accounts, or you let other areas of the game slide because you’re over allocating resources to a single issue.

Because they use Bing. /j

1 Like

First, you are not stupid.
Second, if anybody tells you that you are dumb or stupid, you tell them to get bent.

1 Like

I have to chuckle at this. They have not “already” handled botting. Just today I rode by druid bots farming the mount mats. :rofl: :joy:

This is what I’m chuckling at:

When people say they “handled multiboxing” I correct them. Blizzard did nothing to handle multiboxing, it is still legal in the game. They attempted to handle multi-botting, and did a poor job at it.

I used to see them everyday. Since they made the change, I have seen one.

They did a solid job at it. No reason to troll on something so obvious.

1 Like

Nah you didn’t correct anything.

False and now I’ll correct you. The first thing they did was ban the use of multiboxing software and that severely crippled them. The next thing they did was ban the use of hardware that streamlined MB and that just about killed the entire practice.

Sure it’s still “legal” in the game but now it’s more of a pain and not really worth it.

Which I didn’t even mention in the post you quoted so I have no idea why you were talking to me about botting.

all of us were stupid , is O K how come we gonna grow if we aint badder to began , we gonna get goodjob if we keep try thebest alot ! goodjob ! goodjob ! keeptry !

I’m not trolling at all. The problem has not been resolved at all. Sure there was a lull for a short time, but they came back and are now gathering those ZM resources in full force. :woman_shrugging:

Perhaps you are just not in the correct area to see them?

I love it when people say “Blizzard fixed the problem by banning…(Insert Whatever Here).”

Let’s see…
Blizzard fixed the advertising in group finder, yet it still exists.
Blizzard fixed the boosting industry by outlawing cross-realm advertising… yet it still exists.
Blizzard fixed the multi-botting by outlawing it… yet it still exists

What you don’t seem to understand is that there will always be someone who figures out a way to get around the rules. Take a look at how world first groups are getting around RMT by giving the people who funnel for them chairs and other merch.