Am I ninja looter?

Yes maybe yes

Yes, that is 100% a ninja move and just being a crappy person in general. You will get blacklisted if caught, and I hope you do.

1 Like

What’s the difference between spending dkp and giving away item and winning roll and giving away item ?

They are both the same

Spending dkp means you are buying the item from the raid, the item is generally seen as yours to do with as u want.

In a roll system, it is usual that people roll on what they will use, then when no one needs it it goes to offspec or free roll.
Basically need b4 greed

Some guilds may have similar rules for dkp, but dkp is a currency system, where rolling is usually an honor system

So is the guy who I gave the item too with knowledge that I ninjaed it then clicks trade and equips item a good person ?

Questionable, in the heat of the moment he probably thought awesome.
If this happened in my raid, and I found out, I would keep a close eye on the receiver, and probably bench or kick the ninja.

If someone’s handing you loot, you generally don’t question it until after the fact.

If he was in on the scam, then ya bad guy,. But if he wasn’t, then probably just wrong place wrong time, wrong friend

Wait but in this instance we have said he lost roll to pug orc warrior then in guild chat says roll on it so item stays in guild ( lets say 75% guild raid run / 25% pug to make up numbers )

The entire guild was in on it … Should I be kicked from guild ? The pug orc warrior rolling on the dagger will never know that he was robbed.

I might add that if we couldn’t trade loot I would’ve rolled on it anyways and equip it so either way I was winning it .

That’s just underhanded and a Shi7ty guild.
Most guilds if PuGings some ppl try and make loot fair, usually roll rules,. The guilds welcome to reserve items prior to inviting pug players, but either stacking rolls or reserving without telling the pugs is effectively ninjaing.
All loot rules if anything strange or uncommon, should be made aware so PuGs can make an informed decision on if they want to come or not

I can see both arguments. But if the guild leader is cool with it then that’s that.

So I should leave a guild that tells me to roll on item to screw over pug players that roll on items they don’t really need in order to give to player in which it’s bis ?

I never said you should quit your guild, if your guild was in on it. That’s your choice.
It’s just immoral to purposely take advantage of, scam, and keep unbalanced rules from players/ vulnerable people, in an effort to extort or gain personal (or guild) benifit at another’s expense.

That’s a choice you need to make for yourself, and what kind of person/player you are & who you want to be.

Your guild shouldn’t be screwing over pugs, they should be recruiting them.

You still fail to understand that the orc warrior rolled on a sword and they need axes not sword.

There is a 2h sword in mc with +8 sword that orcs can use effectively.

Its like human using an axe is dumb

That’s not my point at all, my point is that if your guild can’t field enough people to fill a raid and they need to pug people they should be trying to recruit those people into the guild and not screwing them over. I was responding to your comment, not the ninja looting.

Then that’s a failing on your current guilds leadership.
If roll rules were in effect, class leads/MLer will usually say who can roll, taking MS/OS, BiS, talent spec, and racials into consideration.

If it was just put up for free roll, due to your guilds loot policy, that still wouldn’t excuse stacking rolls to win an item.

1 Like

But they weren’t being screwed over . Have you actually not read a thing I said ? The person being screwed over was the rogue because it was his BIS item ( best in slot)

Do you comprehend that brutality blade isn’t an upgrade for orc war?

The orc war should never have been allowed to roll in the first place to avoid this happening.

These are your words pal. If that guild is screwing over pugs instead of recruiting them I would leave because that raid group isn’t going to last. Do you comprehend my point now?

So basically, don’t join the guild addiction, got it.

1 Like

This is a stupid excuse. If the orc warrior was in blues and the weapon improved his DPS, then he should have rolled.

You’re a crap guild.

Well we do try to recruit but how was the orc warrior screwed over ?

Also Im thinking you lack knowledge of game mechanics so your answer is based on feelings not mathematical game logic .

My far superior knowledge :cheese: of the game was due to hours of studying .

Check (wow logs ) site to see what top orc dps warriors are using before you reply ignorantly with lack of game knowledge