Am I just doing it WRONG?

Sin Rogue …I can’t kill crap! I open…they break my cc….cc me back and proceed to absolutely destroy me in 2-3 globals!! It’s not even much of a fight!!
Is it a gear thing? Or is Sin just bad and weak AF right now? Or am I just doing something egregiously wrong?

(Usual opener… MFD, KS, Garrote. Pop my CD Vendetta and shiv. Then I make sure to use Serrated BS or Mut to get my Rupture and SND rolling. After that it’s just build CP and spend them on as many Envenoms as I can. )

Pve or pvp?

1 Like

Your vers is low so if you aren’t pre-feigning stuns you’re going to get wrecked. Your ilvl is also low and it depends on what you’re fighting. If you’re opening on a ret and eat a full hoj with wings up you’re going to die in that stun unless you have a response.

1 Like

I don’t think you understand what vers does.

I don’t understand if you’re a legit troll or not.

It’s not a troll point. It’s a valid statement. Vers increases damage you do by 1 and reduces damage by .5.

This means every 1 percent of vers you stack increases damage by 1% and reduces damage you take by .5%.

You stack vers in pvp for the damage increase not the reduction.

Riiight, no one is stacking vers in PvP for the damage reduction, and it definitely wouldn’t help him survive a go better.

3 Likes

Math must not be your strong suit.

That’s not even factoring in the 40% vers bonus to damage only via trinket 2 set.

I get it guy, you’re cool. Nice job. Thanks for providing this gentleman with valuable feedback.

I haven’t PvP’d in about 6 months because … Shadowlands PvP sucks.

Having said that, with only an item level of 200, you are mostly likely missing several things players of higher item level ( 230 or better) will have.

1. The obvious 30 to 50 item levels worth of stats. That’s huge.
  2. Covenant soul binds. These can be a very significant advantage at higher levels of renown.
  3. Conduits. They might not seem like much, but they add up at higher item levels.
  4. Legendaries. You don’t have any.

The gear gap in Shadowlands PvP is huge. And you’re on the low end. Add to that the rating requirements for better gear and you have a grueling up hill grind. It’s a crappy time to be playing one of the squishiest classes in the game.

2 Likes

Assuming you’re talking about PvP. Any class/spec with a 200ilvl is going to have a bad time. Most players you’ll fight will be astronomically stronger than you.

1 Like

You’re 200 ILVL and 14% vers, the only thing you can do is just annoy the enemy team. Find a healer and sap, sap, sap, blind, mark for death kidney, vanish, resap

1 Like

Talking about strictly PVP. In PVE, it’s actually fine, and dare I say more fun than PvP atm.

I’m having a lot of trouble getting gear for PvP. In previous expansions I use to grind arenas and get CP and eventually obtain Conquest gear. This time around I’ll play for freaking 15minutes or more and not get a single win! I have limited time to devote to a simple game for entertainment. This isn’t my life or my livelihood…something I like to do to mess around with in my off time.
I don’t want to pay for carries…but dayum I’m getting insta-deleted!

1 Like

Que for epic BGs while getting korthia pieces and you’ll be ilvl 225-230 in a few weeks. Epics aren’t as punishing because you can typically hop in a vehicle to help your team.

If you get burnt out and want to do regular BGs, buy spectral agility and saltwater potions and macro them with your trinket for burst. The saltwater potion alone is like 30% damage increase.

The biggest thing is avoid big team fights unless necessary. Stealth to the objective and call for help if you need it. Don’t open up in the center of a congested team fight or you’ll get focused and waste defense CDs or die. Save vanish and cloak so you always have a way to escape.

3 Likes