Alts or New Mains for 9.1?

I’m not too excited about the Sub rogue/conduit changes, and I feel like Sin is going to feel super boring to play after playing Sub. I’m gearing up a mage because frost looks kind of nice right now, in case Sub doesn’t get any love.

What other classes are you guys looking at playing, if any?

I have several alts at level 50-51. Whenever I log on with one, i get so discouraged at the amount of grinding and repetitive crap that I log out and do something more entertaining, like clip my toe nails.

I really want to play other classes and diversify my experience. But having to repeat everything just isn’t fun for me.

11 Likes

I totally agree. The mage I’m leveling with my brother is almost 60, and just thinking about Torghast and grinding BGs where I know I’m gonna spend more time in the GY than anything makes me want to not play it at all lol.

I might just keep picking a few classes to level and decide once 9.1 drops

1 Like

same, leveling them up 60 isn’t to bad but I lose all interest in them at 60. I just seems so much to do to catch up.

2 Likes

I have DH alt whenever I’m bored with rogue. It’s fun, quick and in time its make you miss rogue again :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m thinking about leveling through all the old xpacs since I stopped at Wotlk and came back at the end of BfA.

I’ve never played a hybrid so I want to level one of those next. Can’t decide which one I want to try though!

I have to admit, after having upgraded my now virtually worthless MA ring three times and sub being dead at 9.1, I am tempted to play on my 60 mage as well. My issue is that while Sin is a bit boring, mage is as well. Fireball spam, combust, frost nova, ice block = win. Stand in the back and be ready when one of my many rogue brethren tries turn me in to sushi :wink:

Truth is, I love my rogue. After so many years of the play style I’ll probably never drop him as my main. At times I think it would be nice to sit behind a pet or self heal in a wheel chair but there will never be the same feeling as ganking someone from the shadows.

BTW, if you do decide to go the distance with a mage be sure to go frost when leveling. no self heals, evasion or vanish really hurts when you are wearing little more than a dress…

2 Likes

Honestly I feel the same. Rogue just feels right somehow.

I’m leveling as fire since that’s what I wanted to get familiar with for PvP, but it looks like frost might be the move.

I really hope Sub gets some kind of love. It’s such a great spec because of how much you can do with it. Sin is going to feel so stale now I think.

2 Likes

And this stems from a pointless archaic leveling process that doesn’t need to exist in the game anymore. Instead of character levels, we need account levels.

1 Like

Played sub all last xpac, started leveling sub and honestly found the lack of shadow dances to be more boring. Switched to assassination and have been here ever since - waiting for restealths to do some meaningful damage thanks to MA legendary is boring. At least as assassination, if they pop me out of stealth they are still gonna feel pain. Honestly suggest giving it a try, with only 21% haste it feels pretty good.

2 Likes

Assassination is the king of kings right now.

:surfing_woman: :surfing_man:

2 Likes

gogo MLD lol

1 Like

Does Sin feel good right now? Sub is feeling more difficult in arena now that everyone is running battlemaster and I’m honestly tired of running for restealths. I’ve been spending all my Conquest on haste/verse gear for when Sin came back around.

What’s the general playstyle of MLD? I need to read up on it since I’ve only eve PvP’d as a rogue

Basically the lock plays max range and the mage/lock just punish anything that peeks out. Cloud 9 play it very well.

1 Like

Revert Sub Rogue.

Right now is not Sub Rogue, you’re playing Shadow Dance. You have no charges you have no spec to play. Heck, even the whole dynamic in PvP is to STOP doing anything and try to restealth.

Hate that bonus damage you get in Shadow Dance. Eviscerate should hit hard inside or outside Shadow Dance. Shadowstrike (aka weeb version of Ambush) should hit hard in on itself. Backstab should hit ok normally and hard hitting from behind, not like right now that does chip damage and taxes you for 35 energy.

They should separate the current Backstab into Hemorrhage and Backstab again. If they don’t want to name it Hemorrhage because of the Assa fantasy or something, then call it… idk Perforate. Boom, there.

Perforate, ok damage, not weak but ok, build combo points, 30 energy. Make it have some cool debuff, or nice buff on you to manage. Not to impactfull but something to spicy it up.

Backtab, hit hard, position requirement, 40 energy. Each time you hit a Backstab your Rupture advances 1 tick.

Ditch Symbols, give Gouge.

Adjust damage accordingly.

EDIT: and give Garrote back by ditching the Shadow Dance charges and subterfuge.

6 Likes

Yes, yes, yes.

I have been saying this for a long time. Sub was more than just shadow dance. Remember backstab? Remember Hemo?

2 Likes

Going back to my priest, because shadowlands is based team game right know, even in pvp

1 Like

I’ve leveled a monk, a hunter, a warrior twice, and a druid, and have decided the druid is the most fun to play. So looks like its rogue/mage/druid for 9.1

1 Like

Jokes on you, rogue is my alt :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Good choice.

Even swifty does better on druid.

1 Like