Alts and Honor

The amount of honor it takes just to get a decent iLevel set of PvP gear is absolutely insane. How does anyone have time for it?

I didn’t mind the initial grind in previous expansions when there was one set of honor gear from a vendor instead of a trillion upgrades we have to go through now. This feels like such a bad idea. Are there any plans to change this?

5 Likes

I certainly hope they plan to fix it, because farming 80,000 - 90,0000 honor on an undergeared toon - when every game has several ilvl 220+ players in it - is probably the least fun I have ever had in a video game.

Then again, Blizzard only cares about playtime metrics, so insanely long, pointless grinds are their favorite. I doubt it’ll change.

8 Likes

We’re 5 months into this expansion. Catch-up has always been a long process (none worse than the final patch of BfA), and generally, catch-ups aren’t introduced until the major content patches. 9.1 is likely two or three months away (it’s not on the PTR yet).

They’ve suggested that they would like to go back to a Warlords gear model, where PvP gear is scaled to one thing in PvP, and PvE gear is scaled down in that patch.

I’ve always thought the process of upgrading your gear was tedious; the upgrades don’t feel meaningful because each upgrade is 3 ilvls. They could easily cut the requirements by 50% so each upgrade was 6 ilvls instead, which would go some way to feeling better and cut the grind down.

3 Likes

Agreed. Cut the honor cost to upgrade in half + double the item level gap between pieces (effectively halving the number of upgrades required) would make this a far more enjoyable gearing process.

2 Likes

Honor gear is a bait you can literaly get the same ilvl gear from covenant questing faster then honor gear its really sad

1 Like

well, removing ranks on gear would be one major step in the right direction :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I interest you in a 6 month sub mount?

4 Likes

Maybe, if it didn’t look like a golden cow.

If you want $100 of my money make the mount look bad a$$.

Yes quickest route is unsub. Not worth the time. Whatever exchange theory Blizz implemented with their systems was horrid.