Alternate to Animal Companions Build?

Hello!

I’m looking for any builds for BM Hunter other than AC. I hate having two pets and I usually solo and small quest groups. But mostly Open World Quests and storylines. Not ready to raid, and don’t really have that much time to do a proper raid either.

Thank you!

2 Likes

With the content you do, you can literally just mess around and play any build you want. Just get a clefthoof that can tank damage for you, and you’re all set. If you aren’t raiding or doing Mythic+ there is no need to min/max. Just have fun!

6 Likes

Thank you!

Survival hunter :wink:

1 Like

What extra burden does adding a 2nd pet add?

nothing cleaning up after they eat is twice as much but thats just it

3 Likes

I live in a small place and I don’t have enough room for two litter boxes. Happy? =P

Honestly, they should make Animal Companion a choice node. Either 2 pets, or if you choose to use a single pet, it buffs that pet’s damage.

4 Likes

I agree with this. whatever the increase in damage output it is, give the the solo pet if that’s the choice.

2 Likes

You are going to be losing a good bit of dps/damage running solo pet but it’s a mmo u can do what ever u want, it’s not like it will be unplayable but it will be noticeable.

And that needs to be addressed, it should be a choice node that makes both viable. Blizz needs to stop trying to push a certain play-style on players, this whole spec fantasy thing should have died after Legion, and TBH, should never have existed.

2 Likes

At the content level you play, it basically is optional. You can run whatever you want as you don’t seem to do dungeons or raids, so the dps difference won’t matter.

1 Like

Not the point, that needs to be a choice node, even though they(Blizz) has said focusing on spec fantasy wasn’t the best thing, they are still doing it subtlety by making things like Animal Companion such a DPS boost. Make it a choice node that either gives 2 pets, or buffs a single pet, and balance it as close as possible and call it good.

3 Likes

I agree with you, it sucks and same needs to be said about lone wolf with the MM tree. Lose to much utility without a pet ur forced to run a pet for PvP and solo content.

I mean for every class and spec they force the play style.

Look at disc priests, I have a disc for instance, and I am forced even more now to go as a dps to be able to heal more. its so terrible…

and so for hunters, should be able to have a better option. the whole bm tree is awful. the right side is non existent, nobody takes it and its a shame on blizz. as they’re incapable of admitting they made a mistake and quickly change it. bm hunters are awful lol its hated everywhere and that’s because of the company that made them that!

blizz could of made hunters an utility class and have the whole community want to invite hunters, look at mythic+ they’re almost unwanted.

give the class some utility, give the class options and make it better.

but nope aint happening.

1 Like