Alterac Valley in Classic

so did they fix it?

idk she still won’t put out

I miss all the extra turn in quests ect. Not that we would actually have time to complete any with how fast the BG ends at the moment lol

1 Like

so very true and well said

you think you do but you dont?

You got 1.12
how is that Retail AV?

Galaxy brain decision makers at Blizzard :slight_smile:

1 Like

this won’t get fixed it’s unfortunately working as intended. long epic AV’s are against blizzard’s best interests.

The one thing I was truly looking forward to about classic, turned out to be a massive disappointment. I had hoped while reading about which AV we were getting, that it was the version that hadn’t been nerfed to the point where it would be a zergfest yet, but it seems I was mistaken. This was indeed the version that introduced the AV zerg.

I’m not sure on the overall consensus on this, but I feel like most people definitely were holding out for an older version of AV. Surely there is a way to give players access to the older version of this battleground, right? If you can make the old AV accessible on retail, surely there’s a way to make it happen in classic. Please Blizzard, this isn’t at all what a lot of us were hoping for.

2 Likes

There were so many people that told us that this version of AV was not a zerg.

Words cannot describe how wrong they were.

1 Like

So now that 1.12 AV has been released can it be said that I was correct back in march when I said that 1.12 AV was going to be a zerg fiesta in this very same thread?

I will always hold the belief that 1.12 AV was deliberately reduced in difficulty which led to the inevitable ‘no pvp interaction in a pvp instance’ conundrum were seeing for a few reasons.

1. the wow player base at the time would look at and play the new shiny PVP maps that were being released in 4 months time as well as make gearing alts easier.

2. make ‘old’ instanced zone progression easier and easier each patch in order to make sure that those who have completed it can do it quicker/easier (less time ‘wasted’ gearing alts and what not) while also making the content more accessible to the more casual population.

But hey we got zerg AV! yay? Thankfully we can grind this out until exalted and then forget about the zone even existing
¯\(ツ)/¯

1 Like

Unless you want to rank, then you have to grind AV all day every day avoiding all PVP in order to maybe get Rank 14 if you have the most redbulls and buddies on a sleep rotation. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

#BringbackKorak

1 Like

That is the way it was in vanilla as well, at least for those not using the queuing add-ons to force sub 6 minute WSGs.

This was made possible because of battle groups being significantly smaller as well as how the Que system worked back then. I am pretty sure that they broke this farm method so the the next best thing is to AFK bot AV for rank 14. At least until some efficiency expert finds the next best thing anyway.

You needed an even earlier version of AV. That is what everyone wanted, not NPCs made of tissue paper that the objectives are all completely able to be ignored. Stop giving us versions of the game that make playing it irrelevant. Stop giving us versions of the game that are over simplified, and nerfed into the dirt so much that it becomes essentially meaningless to bother progressing. What was all this gearing and optimizing for if all anyone does is rush to the very end of everything from the release because the content was made too easy?

19 Likes

This AV is GARBAGE

17 Likes

Your AV is trash. Your batching is trash. Your vision of Classic is slipping.

14 Likes

You dun #$!@ed it up

8 Likes

I really doubt that in todays standards, bring back old AV

12 Likes

Logged in Tuesday evening, pumped to finally play AV in classic WoW. Been waiting for this for 15 years.

First game was a 6 minute loss. 1 HK through the entire “battle,” total for both factions.

Just straight pathetic. This version of AV is a disgrace.

16 Likes