Alterac Valley in Classic

This AV is absolutely horrible. Nobody wants to burn bunkers or summon ice lords. It’s just garbage.

12 Likes

Nothing but a Zerg fest now. If we wanted Retail AV, we really wouldve asked for it Blizz. Old School AV is what the majority of the masses wanted. Turtles n all

13 Likes

Very unhappy about your continued bad decisions Blizzard. You guys are completely out of touch with what your players want! We wanted Classic the way it was period! We did not want easier versions etc… If people do not like it that way they have retail to play. I am just sick of the complete ignorance this company has now. Go back to your roots and start building games like you did many years ago.

11 Likes

This is awful. New AV is hot garbage. No one asked for this but you, Blizzard.

8 Likes

Blizz. Please give us the AV we want.

7 Likes

As of this moment, this thread hasn’t even broken 130 likes, compared to the well over 1000 likes for the one pleading for them to not use late vanilla AV.

1 Like

If I’m honest, old school AV is the thing I missed about vanilla WoW the most. The fact that this is what we got after people complained and complained for months to give us the fun version is even more disappointing than I imagined it would be.

4 Likes

This new AV makes me hate the game so damn much. Fix it, please. Just, seriously, look at me, FIX IT.

5 Likes

It feels like it because people been asking for months for AV to be as close to original as possible. AV wasn’t meant to be quick, this whole zerging I want want quick games mentality is totally retail thinking. We have WSG and soon to be AB for quick games.

1 Like

If you wanted to use nerfed 1.12 content, then you also should have used 1.12 mount/training costs. You have to pick a side and stick with it.

-Drain, Steam/Youtube

You literally do HAVE to play it to be in the honor grind meta

1 Like

I mean really, how else could it possibly be interpreted?

1 Like

Mr. Kaivax sir,

If your statement were true then the /follow command would be working in Alterac Valley. Alas it is not. So something about what you’re stating is incorrect.

At the moment it is a bit of a PVE zergfest.

My solution would be to rebuff the tower guards to pre-nerf hps and damage. Maybe even make them chain-linked and leashed to the boss’ room so that people have to cap the towers first and not just pull them out one at a time to kill outside.

1 Like

Conspiracy theories :rofl: - I’m just hoping for a fix because I’m not going back to retail anytime soon

There wasn’t a patch 1.12 for AV it was patch 1.11 also there was a buff the Commander would get that increases damage and health by 25%, so the general begins with +144% health and +144% damage, which makes him very difficult to kill without any tower destroyed. Yet to see the buff or even notice it.

This is funny because although all the mechanics are available fro classic AV, but is totally unplayable because of the zerg meta. 3-5 min games.

1 Like

Would be nice if you would just lessen to the people who pay for and play the game, the overwhelming majority of people want the Pre-Nerf version of AV and is the reason a lot of us play classic. You already lost enough of us with the launch of the honor system with huge population problems. we say no changes but no one says it has to be from patch 1.12. It would be overwhelming positive, needed and acceptable to use the 1.05 version of AV in the 1.12 patch. please look and lessen to the majority of your customers.

Wait…, does this mean I will not be able to add to my collection of dwarf spines…?

how does one lessen?