Alterac Valley in Classic

Some people don’t have anything else, just let him have his thread to vent in.

1 Like

And where’s your proof of that? Please go find a quote indicating that they have some major hurtle using an earlier version of AV and that’s the reason instead of the actual reasons they’ve given in this very thread.

You might be upset about 1.12 AV but that doesn’t mean that blizzard agrees, or that in general 1.12 AV was considered a failure during vanilla. The changes they gave as improvements were generally welcomed during vanilla.

They said it was the most balanced version. Whether you like that answer or not that’s what their answer is. That sounds like one that’s fairly set in stone

2 Likes

Proof of what? Are you oblivious to when someone is expressing opinion rather than making a claim?

See, THAT is a claim. Which I will now expect you will be able to back up with facts.

1 Like

1.5 would be preferable to the people that are going to make this Classic wow a viable thing.

/ opinion

4 Likes

People try to argue against 1.12 AV by comparing it to live which is beyond ignorance. Even in 1.12 AV the BG sometimes lasted over a day. It was still full of PvP and there was often a massive battle at the mid that would rack up hundreds of HKs. I am not claiming that 1.5 AV is superior because I did not play in 1.5 but the comparisons to BC and later AV is a joke and accomplishes nothing. They turned AV into an intentional race that had nothing to do with 1.12 AV in the same vein. There were no 6 minutes AVs back then.

As long has it has crbgs im happy. I want to be able to play AV at anytime of the day.

#nochanges

I think the reason they’re not going with old AV is because it’d be too much trouble to recreate it if 1.12 is what they have. If classic proves to be successful they might be convinced to put in the resources.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be something? Slowly patch it back to 1.5. Can you imagine if Blizzard patched the fun into things, instead of out of them?

8 Likes

pmuch the only dealbreaker for me personally

the only thing about original AV that was annoying was having to find a raid invite

most of the time there were multiple groups running around and i doubt many people liked that

Nah. I’ll happily play Classic over BFA.

2 Likes

You can already do that, right this moment if you wish.

1 Like

Not without the BS that is the rest of BFA he can’t.

2 Likes

Not with the spells I want to use. You might want 1 AV a week but more of us actually want to be able to do the battleground.

How is that relevant to how AV would work in classic.

I think he’s perpetuating the myth that there’s zero difference between 1.11 AV and Retail AV. Again.

Despite numerous posts explaining why he’s wrong.

2 Likes

That’s honestly the funniest part of the argument some of these people make…

1.5 AV --> 1.11 AV: LITERALLY GROUND BREAKING CHANGES NOT EVEN REMOTELY THE SAME BG

1.11AV --> 8.2 AV: Literally no changes

like what?

3 Likes

Especially since 8.1 AV actually did bring back some NPCs that were removed during Vanilla.

* Makes no such argument
* Is immediately assaulted by trolls fighting the strawman