Alterac Valley in Classic

No one is saying that a game of 1.12AV cannot be made fun.

IDKY you’re restating this as I recall you posting a post almost identical to this before…

But it is anecdotal and goes against what will be the average. It also goes against the PoLR fallacy. Players will, in most cases, go for the easiest route. I can play 100 AV games in current and guarantee you I’ll run into some turtles. But outside of the few turtles, it is going to be zerg rushes. And there are times when a lot of people will not listen.

That said, turtled AV =/= the full experience we are aeguing for.

2 Likes

Yes… but private server players have already stated that they experience the PoLR fallacy in their games. And the servers tried to mimic 1.5 AV.

They rush even on private servers. Why? Because no matter how much people want to force others to play out a never ending game of AV. The majority will rush to the end and try to end it.

The point your missing isnt that 1.5 cant be zerged. Because its possible. The fact remains that it is harder to zerg. Which means its easier to force a stalemate. Which means your more likely to summon calvary or the elementals. That leads to more fun in my and others opinions. Also the earlier av had a larger map and more and different npcs and mines ect… which means more content. In my opinion mkre content is better than less content.

5 Likes

We have evidence of how it will play out though with modern audiences. Private servers already do that. Players have said that private servers have put in NPCs and mines. They have buffed AV.

People still run past those things. They still finish games in 15 minutes.

Blizzard has data from the Nostalrius server as they called them into Blizzard HQ. They have statistics for everything that happened in a modern 1.12 server. AV games, according to private server players (the same players who claim this game is being made for them) didn’t last too long.

Then theres no problem giving us that version then? So all your muckraking about how its long and will get boring after ahwile was total BS? Also to the point ive seen you make about them not having the data. They might not have it but they sure do have the info on how much npcs were nerfed and taken away shouldnt be too hard to reverse the nerfs at the very least and throw korrak back at the gy.

8 Likes

Who said it will get boring? I never said it will get boring. I never complained about long AVs. You have me confused with someone else.

I believe earlier in this thread I suggested rolling out 1.5 AV and then 1.12 in phase six.

I’m just saying even if they give you 1.5 AV, you may be the only one doing those objectives that you’re so passionate about.

My entire argument has been about 1.12 AV being there at phase six. And then I have branched out to explain to some folks who want a permanent 1.5 AV, how that first off would be hard to replicate with Blizzards current data as they have stated. How that would go against the words they’ve said. And then how it would go against the original vanilla timeline.

I have then since tried to explain that 1.12 AV isn’t that bad as they remember it. Then I’ve asked if 1.5 AV was so perfect why was it even changed in the first place over such short spurts in Vanilla.

All of this has stemmed from me not wanting 1.5 AV to be the permanent version of AV because that is not authentic.

If it can and will be zerged just as fast then there should be no problem with anyone asking for it. So your here just to be a contrarian and to muddy the water. Also the fact of zerg or turtle means less to me than the original map and content that was removed.

8 Likes

I am here to make sure my opinion of 1.5AV not being permanent is heard. That is not authentic to the original vanilla timeline in any sense. Besides you, there are few folks who want 1.5 - 1.12. They want their version and only their version and are unwilling to compromise.

I have stated I’d be fine with 1.5 - 1.12 and progressively change it as it was changed through Vanilla.

Ok then why isnt that your argument? Why try to misdirect by stating “why did they change it” implying that it was inferior and needed to be changed which implying 1.12 is the better version and thats why it should be in? Instead of of your actual claimed argument that its the timeline?

5 Likes

I’m asking why did they change it because if it was due to low player turnout, what happens if that happens again? Do they not change it to another state since that’s what plays now want?

What is more likely: low turnout because people do not like the early version aspects, or low turnout because as 1.12 was speedrun to get loot and those who dislike the BG regardless of version got their loot and tossed the BG in their rear view mirror? If AV is going to be static in classic, I would much rather have a version of it with the longest longevity and more engaging, more immersive gameplay. Basically classic will be a desert island. Would you rather have a complete copy of Physical Graffiti, or a single short song?

As has been stated in the past, turnout should not be the end all be all of somethings value. Otherwise raids in general, things that only a small % of the players do, would have been nerfed and content removed from them. (And no, I am not talking about raids beyond vanilla, but rather vanilla raids specifically).

One prime motivator for the changes/nerfs of 1.8 and forward were likely due to the sudden implementation of MoHs. Which your partner-in-no seems to think is a forgone conclusion, regardless of the damage they did.

2 Likes

I would also think less people played it prior to the nerfs than after. So the question is are the people that complained back then about it taking too long the hardcore types that like to rush to end for raiding and rank. So the version of av that is best for that are the later versions. Idk

2 Likes

You guys are like Kakao Games/Pearl Abyss from BDO(Black Desert Online), your whole community tells you what to do, you say oh well you guys are dumb you don’t know what you want, and then you listen to like 3 trolls on the internet that keep on reassuring your making a good decision. Anyways not buying WoW classic hypes gone, your company is not what it once was, you would of already released a statement backpedalling if it was blizzard of old and apologizing to us gamers rather than cater too the casuals that frankly wouldn’t even realize the difference between AV 1.5 or 1.12. They only have 2hrs a night max to play anyways, that’s what WSG and AB are for.

2 Likes

The consistent communication is great, but this isn’t the news I wanted to hear. The Classic dev team’s heart seems to be in the right place and they’re making a lot of good decisions, I hope they look at all the feedback they’re getting in this thread and revert AV to its original state. The 24hr+ AV battles were one of the things I was looking forward to the most in a Vanilla WoW server and I’m sure many people hold the same sentiment. It’s not like everyone’s going to be playing the 1.12 AV anyways because its “more efficient”. It still pales in comparison to the quickness and honor efficiency of WSG/AB games

5 Likes

A general question I asked in another thread, but could be better asked here:

What parts of actual gameplay in AV 1.12 were things you enjoyed, which were not available in the early versions?

We’ve covered that people “liked”:

• faster completion
  • faster loot acquisition
7 Likes

They were in 1.12 so yeah, unless there’s evidence to the contrary, they’re in at CP4.

:cricket:crickets:cricket:

3 Likes

What did you like and enjoy in the early day long versions? :slight_smile:
Also what was it like playing AV for the entire 48 hours it was up? You did play the entire AV from start to finish right?

Didnt take long for ypu to contradict yourself huh. You’ve proven to everyone that your a troll.

5 Likes

Oh look, lunni is answering a direct question with a question that has been explained in depth over multiple threads in multiple posts.

Shocking.

6 Likes