Alright the war is over where is khadgar?

Now, on a more serious note. where is he?
yes i know that he was in kharazan and didn’t wanted to participate in the war, alright fair enough.

And i know that blizzard don’t want to have 2 super mages at the same time but it seems like jaina as well from now on will have a much minor role.

But what about this war?

Are they saving him for next expansion?
Why he didn’t said anything about the return of n’zoth?
is he… dead?
kidnapped?

Could this be a plotpoint dealing with the weird timelines in kharazan?.

or he will remain forgotten ?!

And what about the kirin tor!?

3 Likes

Likely dead, possessed or imprisoned.

Someone like Khadgar isn’t easily forgotten on the chess board when he can rival Guldans genius. That he went to his tower alone should be disconcerting.

The problem of the planet bleeding out still hasn’t been solved, has it?

So he should still be working on that.

4 Likes

Blizz reached their important NPC cap for the expansion and couldn’t add anymore.

17 Likes

With Adachi enjoying shores and beaches

This but unironically There is a point in a story where there is just way too many characters

Hate to see yet ANOTHER “return to Kharazan” to venture in and rescue him

3 Likes

It would be nice if they could at least name drop him somewhere, along with many of the other high profile characters. Blizzard seems to have chosen the two extremes, either the character overstays their welcome or are never seen.

7 Likes

Best guess is that he’s hard at work in Karazhan researching a way to dislodge Sargeras’s sword from Azeroth. I’d like to think we’ll see him again at end of expansion but considering Ion confirmed that this will be the last patch of BfA, I’m not holding my breath.

Those assassins that went after Thrall… they gutted Khadgar first.

2 Likes

Yeah we have already seen several potential bleak futures where some of Azeroth’s strongest heroes are corrupted into servants of N’Zoth.

You’d think we’d want to keep firm tabs on anyone with a huge power level. If I was Squidworst I’d be trying to corrupt some heavy hitters. Dragons are a great start of course but it is the age of Mortals afterall.

The people who make those decisions like Anduin and Shaw? They’re being targeted first.

In a deep, depressive, alcoholic binge, probably.

7 Likes

I’m not sure what good that’ll do. Someone has to write the books in the first place. There really someone with experience pulling Gorribal out of the planet to write a how to on the topic?

You make a good point. The best knowledge for dislodging the sword is likely stored in MOTHER who hangs in the heart chamber mostly. However, Karazhan does have a rather immense library. There’s no telling where Med’ivh got all that knowledge and it doesn’t help to poke around for something that might help.

1 Like

Hiding his illicit Medivh-fathered pregnancy using all the excuses given in this thread :pregnant_woman:

1 Like

You thought it was Sylvanas Windrunner!

But it was ME, KHADGAR!

7 Likes

Blizzard loves 2 things:

1. Constantly introducing powerful and important people and organizations to the story.
  2. End of the world scenarios.

Now, it does not take much to understand how this can be problematic from a writing perspective on a long running story, as end of the world scenarios tend to concern… well… everyone.

That’d be cool. If there is anything Khadgar related, it would be planned for the expansion after next so almost anything could be happening. But if they do want to address weird timelines, Khadgar was our stalwart bro the last time that happened.

1 Like

Or far more likely none of these things, especially not dead - I 100% doubt they would kill Khadgar, a character who’s been around since the RTS series, offscreen. Much like every other character in the WoW lexicon, he is simply not in the handful of major characters that Blizzard has selected to be our allies this time around.