Alright.. I'm done... **Spoilers for a stupid ending**

Summary

That’s it. I don’t think I can follow this story anymore. It’s written so poorly… It’s as if a fifth grader is re-imagining Avengers: Endgame with a fan fic epilogue. I just heard the Audio that MrGM data-mined about Pelagos becoming the Arbiter. Seriously? Not someone who has a higher ranking then him?

Also with the whole “unmake Azeroth” thing Zovaal has… It’s just… Nope… It’s stupid. I’m out.

twitter. com/MrGMYT/status/1461524467021135879?s=20

11 Likes

Yeah it just seems like it went from some unknown plan to “I want to destroy Azeroth too”…so did Sargeras and the void lords. Seems everything will just revolve around trying to bully our poor planet/titan soul.

5 Likes

Recommendation:
When posting a topic you can mark things with “Hide Details” by clicking on that little cogwheel the putting the spoilers within the box. If you would like to discuses spoilers it is better to use this tool rather then just putting it in you title.

I am not saying your spoiling anything for me as twitter is already posing sharing stuff every were but when spoilers are concerned it is better to air on the side of discretion.

1 Like

I put it in the title because the whole conversation is about the spoilers. There’s no way to get around it. I just wanted it to be well known when people clicked in.

6 Likes

Same thing happened in warlords of draenor with a random nobody Yrel being the focus point over Velen’s second, Akama or any other higher ranking/notable draenei

The story has been bad since cata

4 Likes

Deja vu

Seriously its like the outrage when people thought Tyrande was gonna die when she wasn’t

Wait it out then if its bad THEN complain.

1 Like

Early spoilers already showed they talked about finding a way to save her…so it was known she wasn’t gonna die.

their story has always been stupid, why anyone ever claimed to enjoy it mystifies me.

the only thing it had going for it (being able to ignore it), is getting gradually eroded though and I don’t enjoy that one bit.

2 Likes

Tell that to the drama queens that said they were unsubscribing out of outrage

When its fun its like a popcorn movie. All the non jailer plot in shadowlands has actually been really fun. The side characters in each covenant are all great.

And its very obvious that whoever is working on the zovaal stuff ( coughdanuser ) isn’t working on that.

2 Likes

There were a couple points in the initial campaign and during the 9.0 max level story were they talk about the Jailer wanting Azeroth’s world soul. The story dose not elude to it very well and this detail is glanced over as soon as it is brought up the few times it happens. The problem is how scattered the SL storyline was once you reach max level. I don’t think the weekly campaign time gate helped ether. They could have easily told each covenant story without having us commit to an allegiance to one or the other. The whole picking to a covenant was honestly rather inconsequential when it came to story telling.

WoD had a whole story arc cut from the finished story so my assumption is that they paned to do some more development with Yrel but it was all cut. Not to say that would have helped the train wreck that was WoDs plot and concept which opened up a Pandora’s box of paradox which was forgotten about as soon as humanly possible.
WoD has one huge gapping continuity issue: Why would an alternative reality Archimonde send an alternative reality Gul’Dan to our universes Azeroth to have the legion invade when this would do nothing to stop the Void lords of there reality from consuming the stars… :man_shrugging:

As for Pelagos they sort of forshadow him having a bigger part to play with your interactions with him in Bastion and in the Kyrian campaign. Basically he is a very empathetic person who wants the best for others and for them to find there purpose. Which is more or less what the Arbiter dose for the whole SL. From a characterization perspective it makes sense but seeing as he has VERY little emphasis put in his character it seems like a rapid escalation from left field.

2 Likes

Honestly, I really enjoyed the night fae storyline, that might be the druid bias in me but that part and reuniting with ysera was my favorite part in Shadowlands.

Everything else is a hit and miss, I don’t really enjoy the super cosmos god stuff the games story is going, some of it should remain a unexplained mystery because hey, not everything needs to be explained.

I really wish WoW can go back to its roots and tell stories within Azeroth because there is still a lot of good characters being left out, besides I wonder what the dragonflights are up to, the nether dragons interest me a bit, but thats just me.

7 Likes

That was our archimonde apparently there’s only one legion. Which brings up questions about alternate reality archimondes and kil jaedens who didn’t join the legion.

4 Likes

True I happy cried when Ysera came back. Not even gonna lie

3 Likes

True. Honestly though if the narrative were that important to me, I’d have noped out of this game long ago.

What Danuser has done to the story is essentially the equivalent of taking World of Warcraft’s soul, forcefully pounding it into a meat grinder, then taking the ground soul and ramming it through a juicer… then taking the liquid remnants and mixing them with feces excreted from dead maw rats, and then tossing this concoction into a gargantuan stock pot to mix them with the anguished grief of previous writers and developers who had actually worthwhile contributions to the game. This final concoction is then baked in the fires of hell until it’s so disgustingly burnt that even Nomi is impressed. It’s all then coated with a light dusting of laughable PR hype and cut into bite sized squares which are then served to every player with a smile.

That’s the story. God knows I don’t play for the story.

I just like questing for some reason. My brain is apparently so simplistic that all it takes to keep me interested is to ask me to venture forth and collect a half dozen bear rumps… which I must do post haste, because I am Azeroth’s champion and only hope!!

:relieved:

10 Likes

HI DONE IM TELEQRAPH

Bra, ending sounds hype as. Big boy with big toys attacking Azeroth sounds groovy

It’s better than cat people being added to the game for no other reason than to cater to the furry audience HAHA FINAL FANTASY GET REAL IT SUCKS

You know what bothers me about the story lately, I mean other than nearly all of it, but what’s really got me tilted the last few days? Tyrande drops it on Slyvanas that she killed Nathanos and clearly the Jailer didn’t tell her. Sylvanas is clearly upset by this news but barely had time to register it before Tyrande resumed her attack. Flash forward to Sanctum of Domination and Sylvanas is right there helping the Jailer all through the raid until he finally gets what he wants. And nothing is ever mentioned about Nathanos again.

Now I get that many people don’t like Nathanos, but it was clearly a story element that was meant to be important and it was just dropped (or more likely just forgotten about, just like the Iron Fleet! rofl). Such a disappointment in story telling.

7 Likes

I mean… the Jailer said right at the beginning that ‘Death comes for the soul of your world’. Why is it a surprise to anyone that he is trying to destroy Azeroth? It shouldn’t be.

As for Pelagos becoming the arbiter, we know nothing but a few datamined VA lines. That’s it. We don’t know the story leading up to those lines, we don’t even have ALL the lines yet. That’s like whinging about the story of a novel because you read four lines from chapter 10. Nevermind all the other lines from the previous chapters, they don’t matter…

Talk about a knee-jerk reaction.

2 Likes

It also begs the question if if the Legion has something that can bend reality to let them visit other timelines why not use this to vastly bolster there ranks. Why did some Demons just stop coming back after a few times killed? Just a ton of lose ends right?

Sylvanas “I will become the arbiter, I will right the wrongs I have done”
Pelagos “lol nope. I will haha. Suuuuuuuuuuck it”

I kinda miss Nathanos

He was a jerk but it was refreshing to just be treated bad by an npc lol

6 Likes