Almost there with Aff! My affliction fixes

Darkglare is fine. Summoning demons is a warlock fantasy, not strictly a demonology fantasy. Before Darkglare, we spent multiple expansions summoning a Doom Guard. Dark Glare is just an affliction specific version of that. Siphon life has always felt like garbage to use, even as far back as wrath. No thanks on it being baseline.

Other than that, I mostly agree. I would bring back Malefic Grasp redesigned as a shard spending nuke siphon. But that’s just me.

1 Like

With yesterdays buff to Soul Rot you don’t run DG anymore lol

IDK wtf you just said but you touched my heart lil man

1 Like

I actually was surprise they added without recoloring the Covenant ability…

Speaking of which I was surprise we dint get Decimating Bolt, Impending Catastrophe or Scouring Tithe as talents in Affliction or any spec…for that matter.

It would have been great if we could pick all of these as a choice or even better if we could get a mix of these spells with new FX and combine mechanics that synergize with our curses. (IMO)

As I/we (friends&I) look at Unholy/SP we know they could do better. IJDK if its incompetents or if they want the speck to be trash. The Aff tree is a damn joke and the lock tree doesn’t help

I was talking about it as a concept, which is what the OP was complaining about. I find the idea that Affliction summoning a demon as a CD being “out of spec fantasy” to be ludicrous. That’s all I’m saying.

I mean MoP-WoD affliction and destro were about sacrificing their demons with Grimoire of Sacrifice for an extremely power buff to their abilities. Too bad Blizzard neutered Grimoire of Sacrifice going into Legion.

1 Like

They were an option that parsed strong in those expansions, but they weren’t required for most levels of content. And certain builds take GoS now. Your argument isn’t a very compelling one, especially considering Permanent Doom guards/infernals and Upgraded demons were also viable options at the time too.

Affliction suck badly, i dont agree with being almost there.

3 Likes

There you go, fixed that one for you!

In M+ it’s far far from almost… damage is one point, clunky playstyle is another

1 Like

:dracthyr_crylaugh:

Argument? I am not even arguing with you lol

I think thats the problem I personally have with most classes right now, there is next to zero niche builds that are interesting. Anything that performs decently in either PvP or PvE is straight up cookie-cutter. Am I an outlier here or does anyone feel the same because browsing the forums most people dont seem to have an issue with this.

1 Like

Maybe it is mostly me because I’ve leveled most classes to 70 by now so I know most of them, I do see quite a few complaining posts such as “x spec feels terrible” etc., but so many specs and classes are suffering from this.

I ran about an hour of dummy rotation yesterday. DG and SR are within the margin of error of each other for ST.

Didn’t run any AOE but I’d expect SR to win out there.

How much mastery you got?

At 86% for me SR is simming almost 1400 dps more than DG and it was very noticeable dps difference on Dathea prog last night.

I was absolutely obliterating pretty much all the dps in my group until the add phase.

Unfortunately, if you don’t have at least some semblance of burst, you’re not going to be good at much of anything in the current game. There are too many shields to break, priority adds to kill, vulnerability phases etc. Then you add in things like Power Infusion that makes burst classes even better. I think the only fight this tier where you want just good sustained damage is Terros. Even M+ has probably about 1/3 of the bosses needing a good burst phase.

I didn’t see buffs to soul rot yesterday – what did they do?

benefits from mastery and dread touch now.

1 Like

Hmmm…not a lot. Good point.

I’m just a Demo refugee looking for some decent ST so my gear isn’t built around Affy/mastery.