Almost 100,000 Echoes of Ny'alotha Stolen

I am not grinding mobs for loot. I am doing content for enjoyment and the loot comes along with that, i.e. it is free.

Ok, so we agree then I was just giving random corruption chances for free.

How do you arrive at we agree?

He didn’t buy any. He was saving up until they became available.

Doing something we like and getting chance for rewards.

I read the ‘finally had them available’ to mean had all the echoes accumulated to buy the rank 3 essences not that was waiting for his main to earn them. In any case, some people play their characters fairly equally. I have 6-8 I generally do everything on instead of just a single 'main.

If you even just look at the character he is posting on he has 2 rank 3’s slotted.

The real problem is they made this change with very little notice, not everyone reads MMO or WoW forums. The OP’s issue was bound to happen, albeit IDK why someone sat on them forever and didn’t buy them bit by bit, but I don’t really think it’s their fault that Blizzard decided to roll out an update and gave something like a 24 hour notice.

2 Likes

I agree but imagine his outrage if he lost them all.

I understand that this situation sucks, but you’re trying to play 24 characters and complaining that none of them are progressing fast enough.

If you’d been playing 1 character you would have a lot more Echoes.

1 Like

OP didn’t “lose” anything. He has every single echo he’s farmed.

You’re gullible if you believe his story. He just happened to decide “I’m off today, guess I’ll log in and finally purchase R3 essences on my alts” the very day the prices were adjusted.

1 Like

So you are saying if the reset the echoes to zero he wouldn’t have lost them all?

That is an odd position to take. So if they took away all your gold you wouldn’t lose anything? You would be totally okay with that?

1 Like

Did I miss something? Who said they reset echoes to zero?

You came into a discussion in progress which started out with this.

2 Likes

Covid, man.

Completely and totally agree with original post. This doesn’t even effect me, i’d bought the r3 stuff I needed on alts like this character.

I could’ve written the formula in a coffee break to base the new essense price off how many Echoes you had at the date of the change, so that nobody was disadvantaged. A simple save-state of how many echoes everyone had at that date, and a formula to ensure this was taken into account with essence purchases in future, until that stash at X date was used.

Paper napkin stuff. Blizzard are an absolute disgrace of a developer.

2 Likes

Can somebody actually explain to me why this change was made at all?

Okay, so the Corruptions need to cost enough to take a bit of grinding to get, sure …

But why not price them relative to the Essences? Since they made the Essences 5x more expensive, but also made the Echoes 5x faster to accquire, there’s fundamentally no change in how long it takes to get an essence. All it does is screw over people who already had the Echoes, and didn’t realize a change was incoming.

What was this change for, exactly? Why not just price the Corruptions a little lower, and keep the original acquisition rate for Echoes?

Freaking bizarre if you ask me.

Edit: I suppose thinking about it, they didn’t want people to be able to buy Corruptions with saved echoes. But really, this late in the expansion, who would actually care?

All the people who’d want BiS corruptions have already had them for quite a long time. Again, just a bizarre change.

2 Likes

Because some people who only play mains has no way of looting echos which would put them really far behind.

I’ll grant you that, but then, did they have to use Echoes for this? Not really.

Of course, they probably shouldn’t have made it so you stop getting Echoes in the first place, when you’ve got all your Essences, but I sadly doubt they were thinking all that far ahead.

Like I can see their reasoning, if I think in their shoes, but it still comes across as a hasty, last-minute solution to a question nobody was really asking. Oh well, more catch-up is always good, even if poorly implemented.

1 Like

sorry about your loss OP.

I had 2 alts that still needed a few rank 3 essences and I had saved up enough to buy 2 for each. Sometimes, when you’re managing alts and busy questing and running around, you tell yourself that you’ll go to the chamber to get those rank 3 essences at a later date. Luckily, I woke up 2 hours before reset time and logged in whereupon people in trade chat mentioned essences going up in price after reset. If, I hadn’t logged in early, I would’ve lost out on being able to purchase those essences and would’ve had to endure another couple weeks of grinding… There really should have been at least a week’s notice telling ppl of the upcoming changes.

And I have no idea why they decided to raise the purchase cost for essences… it should of remained the same price as before, and at this point of the xpac, who cares if everyone running around has rank 3 essences?? Easier acquisition of echoes doesn’t mean essence costs should have been raised as well.

2 Likes

oh, some people care a great deal because they are ‘behind’ their friend, their guildie, their SO, or the guy in China now.