Allow Fire Elemental Totem to reset with other raid CDs

Bumping for the homies

Commenting everyday until added.

Calling out all blues! A response would be wonderful

I’ll add to this. Allow the cd to be reset on a wipe, and also classify the fire ele as a pet. Allow it to be controlled. There’s nothing more frustrating than dropping your totem next to the boss and watching your fire ele just stand there doing nothing.

1 Like

The pet thing would be great, but I’ll settle for being able to do full potential damage on every pull like every other class.

The pet thing seems like a more involved change…making the skill reset is just giving it the same treatment everyone else gets.

Its for sure annoying when it doesn’t aggro the boss, but that doesnt happen 5+ times a night like having to wait on the CD or sacrifice damage…and is avoidable with proper positioning much of the time.

Another day, another hotfix that isn’t allowing fire elemental to reset.

Sigh

2 Likes

Let’s go bliz! You can do it! I believe in you!

Bumping every day til bliz resets all CDs or gives us a reason why not

am i missing something?
You want bliz to… idk shorten or remove the CD bc you go from boss to boss in <5m?
i don’t think “being able to do full dps on every pull” is something any class should ever expect to get. Its nice but idk why they would ever give us that. Seems like a retail QOL concept and not a wotlk era thing.

The dps cooldowns for other classes always reset after a boss dies. So for instance on my hunter I may have just used rapid fire 20 seconds before the boss died, but as soon as the boss died it reset the cooldown completely and i’m good to use it again immediately.

Fire ele does not get that same treatment and never has its cooldown reset when the boss dies.

Then they should remove it from other classes or give it to all classes. This in-between favoritism is the issue.

1 Like

It is really idiotic that Fire Elemental does not reset after boss fights/wipes. Also, fix exhaustion not resetting if you release before the fight is over.

Not shorten, just reset it after a boss encounter finishes.

For example, if a DK uses gargoyle (5 min CD) and they down the boss or wipe before that 5 mins is finished, it will automatically fresh it and you are able to use Gargoyle again.

But for fire ele, after you wipe or kill the boss, our CD is still on CD and doesn’t reset.

This is going to be a huge dps loss during Ulduar hard mode progression nights.

1 Like

This. This is what really makes the exclusion of Fire Elemental feel bad

1 Like

oh wow, i somehow didn’t notice that >.>
yikes @ that oversight

Gargoyle is a 3min CD. It doesn’t reset.

Army of the Dead also doesn’t reset (10 min CD, 6min for unholy) and doesn’t provide anywhere near as much damage output as fire elemental.

if fire ele was a 3 min cd it would be up always so no one would mind. This thread I made also applies to army of the dead and warlock infernal because people are already waiting for those CD’s for attempts on hard stuff like 10m OS3D. It feels really bad when you get battle rez, soul stone reset every attempt but a 5min cd you need to perform doesn’t. The real problem is that the cooldown is short enough to where if you want a full power attempt you’ll wait the few minutes for Fire Eles/AoTD/Infernal to be up. But why do we need to wait if blizz already allows most CD’s to reset? It encourages the same behavior blizz stated they want to eliminate with the reset change.

It is getting rather annoying to have to choose when I want to use fire elemental. Kind of crazy that I have to methodically plan what fights I want to lose 1k+ dps on due to a CD.

1 Like

My apologies. I put the wrong CD, but the concept is still correct. If you pull patchwork, wipe in 1 minute, gargoyle will reset when you release. Fire ele does not.

Yes, all 10 min CDs should reset, I’m in agreement with that.

Just do it