Allied undead races?

Every race has an allied race, except undead right?

I can see an undead allied race coming. Perhaps next expansion.

1 Like

Nathanos has been on the Horde since classic, except back then he had the regular undead model. He has always been Sylvanas’ play thing and he obeys her no matter what.

Ideas for undead allied races could be…

Undead elves: these are the dark rangers that follow Sylvanas. They have the pale skin and red eyes.

San’layn: also undead elves, but slightly different. They are more akin to vampires.

Lightforged undead: this one would most likely be an alliance allied race. Arthas has a sister and she is one of these Lightforged undead. She could possibly start her own redeemed undead race and fight to claim the land that belongs to her family. I think it would be neat if they had the Nathanos model as their option.

Just my thoughts and opinions

7 Likes

San’layn pls. We don’t have enough edge races plus we have Worgen with no vampires, this isn’t balanced as all things should be

2 Likes

Some sort of “Lightforged Undead” type of Allied Race led by Calia Menethil may be a possibility. She’s finally mentioned by name post-undeath in the Alliance follow-up quest to the Battle of Dazar’alor, so that’s something.

2 Likes

I swear I had never seen that dude before this expac…what the heck did he used to do? I spent several years calling the undercity home and never noticed him!

Great ideas on the allied races though! I would take all of them!

During classic WoW he sat in Eastern Plaguelands. He was a pretty tough elite who had a bunch of hounds for pets. Its been a long time so I’m trying to go off of memory, but I believe he gave Horde players quests and he was rude to them even back then. It’s kind of his personality to be that way lol.

If you do Escape from Durnholde dungeon and head to South Shore, you can spot him there before he became an undead servant of Sylvanas.

I believe he was the first human to pass the tests to become a ranger to the high elves (specifically Sylvanas). He is very good at being a ranger (now dark ranger). I believe they changed his model from having the regular male undead to this new improved looking one because Sylvanas found this prettier looking one and has him inhabit it. The creepy part is that I believe the body belongs to his cousin.

Yeah they have plenty of paths they could go for an undead allied race. If I could personally pick, I would choose the undead elves simply because I want to play as a dark ranger. I liked dark rangers since Warcraft 3. They are a pretty cool concept. A lot of people seem like they have elf fatigue though. I personally say the more races, the merrier (regardless if they are elves or not).

2 Likes

She is basically the Alliance version of Nathanos. It took a tremendous amount of power to bring her back. She is also canonically Two incredibly powerful priests and a Naaru. She’s canonically one of the only actually ressurections in the history of Warcraft (we don’t count gameplay does not equal story, right Aerith?).

There isn’t going to be Lightforged undead. It would burn them to ash.

You could be right that it might have been a one time thing for just her. The events that caused it to happen were very unique.

I just wasn’t sure if maybe Blizzard was planting the seeds for something to occur in the future. There is a strong possibility that I’m looking way too into it. But that’s okay, they aren’t my first choice for an undead allied race. I just thought that maybe they deserved a shout out as a possibility, whether it was a strong or weak possibility.

I personally would prefer the red eyed undead elves. That’s just me though lol.

1 Like

Technically Calia isn’t a resurrection. Since she is still dead. But you are right abotu one thing she is a unique character. It took Anduin, Alonsus Faol and a naru to reanimate her.

1 Like

Yes, I was going to say this as well. Blood-Queen Lana’thel is the Character that came to mind.
" One by one the Lich King sought out those who had challenged him, and Lana’thel found herself cornered. Using Quel’Delar, she struck at him with all her might, but [Frostmourne]'s evil powers overwhelmed her. Through his blade, the Lich King chose Lana’thel to serve him in undeath as blood-queen of the [San’layn], a group responsible for overseeing the Scourge’s operations across Azeroth."
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood-Queen_Lana%27thel
Also her Daughter: Blood-Princess Thal’ena
Blood-Princess Thal’ena is the daughter of the powerful vampyr [Blood-Queen Lana’thel‎]. She has been locked inside Violet Hold for years, suffering the gnawing pain of her eternal hunger. Now that her cell has opened, she intends to feed on the world.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Blood-Princess_Thal%27ena

1 Like

He is a special case, he use to be just another rotting skeleton like the rest of the Forsaken. Yet Syvalans has the val’kry perform a ritual to transfer his “soul” into the body of a relative. Obviously not something that they are going to do for every Forsaken.

It would be nice if they did update the model.

Yeah the circumstances were pretty interesting. I just wonder if Calia might have some new interesting gifts or abilities that would allow her to cheese the process a little bit to allow more undead to go through a less extreme way that she did. Who knows though? I personally wouldn’t be upset if Calia was the only Lightforged undead.

How about un-undead?

So just straight up dead?

1 Like

Or straight up alive. They were undead now theyre just normal, but yeah straight up dead works to. Especially if their rogues.

1 Like

Just need to add Dark Rangers to the Forsaken character creation screen. They’ve been missing for far too long.

1 Like

Please no more elves.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d be fine with not another elf lol… as a blood elf I know that’s weird but I’m a demon hunter so ya know limited options

I’m just gonna… San’layn/vampyr elf Customization (and Allied Race idea) Coagulated Megathread {Re-VAMPed}

I’d love San’layn for an AR, obviously. That’d be a perfect undead AR for me :smiley: Vampyr and blood magic all the way. Take a look at the megathread if you want to see an AR concept that has a ton of work and concepts put into it from its community for ideas.

As for Lightforged undead, that’s one I really am against. Despise the concept and sincerely hope it never comes to be.

4 Likes

I think undead belfs would be awesome! :slight_smile:

It would be like vanilla with everyone rolling nightelf hunters with variant names of legolas.

1 Like