Allied Races

So I am a long time player, but have taken a 4 year Haitus. I have returned once or twice for a month during my 4 year but ended up cancelling fairly quickly (maybe that’s not a Haitus then :P). About 3 weeks ago I returned for Shadowlands, I’m going to stick it out this time.

I am trying to unlock Allied Races.

I used a 120 boost and become so lost and confused with everything in this game, I decided to start over to absorb what I could. I hit 110, and each day since my return I have scoured every corner of the internet it seems trying to figure out what I’m supposed to do to unlock allied races. I managed to figure out the Void Elves, but for the life of me I cannot figure out where any quest starters are for Zandalari. I have dug through every allied race post I could find on Google/Wow Head and Wow Forums and I just can’t find anything useful. IDK, I don’t think this should be such an ordeal. This has been an annoying process but I’m trying not to just resort to quitting. I am thinking I did some of the quests while leveling and maybe just moved onto the next ones? Now I don’t know where I left off? Where are the quest givers? I have no idea. This entire game has become so confusing and convoluted.

I am trying to figure this out, I understand rep requirements are going away but the quests are what I am lost with. Please refrain from name calling etc etc, it accomplishes nothing, and does not help. I want to stick it out this time - thanks!

1 Like

Rest assured nobody does that in this forum. Returning Player is the polar opposite of General Discussion.

Now, with that out of the way, you said you unlocked Void Elves which is an alliance race. Are both your 120 boost and your newly leveled character on Alliance? If so, that’s one issue preventing you from unlocking Zandalari. For that race, you need a level 120 Horde character as well.

If you do have a 120 horde, the following article lays out what you need to do to complete the unlock.

In summary, you’ll need to finish the war campaign up through the “Tides of Vengeance” achievement, you’ll need to get exalted with Zandalari Empire, and you’ll need to complete every Zandalar zone’s major story, culminating in the achievement “Zandalar Forever!”.

A couple tips for the questing portion:

For the war campaign, it will always show your next quest at the very top of your quest log in it’s own separate category labeled “War Campaign”.

For the zone storylines, on your main maps of the zones, if there’s an ! that is a darker shade than the regular bright yellow, that is a main storyline quest. Seek those out until you get the achievements for the respective zone. Once you find one however, it’s pretty linear. The zone achievements you’re looking for are “The Throne of Zuldazar”, “Secrets in the Sands”, and “The Dark Heart of Nazmir” for Zuldazar, vol’dun, and Nazmir respectively.

If you still find yourself stuck, feel free to let us know.

Zandalari will require questing on the horde side.

In order to unlock Zandalari Troll, you’ll need to complete the Allied Races: Zandalari Troll Unlock Requirements hidden achievement which requires players to earn the following achievements.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=13159/allied-races-zandalari-troll-unlock-requirements

1. Zandalari Empire - Earn Exalted status with the Zandalari Empire.

2. Zandalar Forever! - Complete the main storylines in Zuldazar, Nazmir, and Vol’dun, finish the Blood Gate and Zandalar Forever scenarios.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=12479/zandalar-forever

1. Tides of Vengeance - Complete the Tides of Vengeance War Campaign.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=13466/tides-of-vengeance

Once the pre-patch from Shadowlands goes live, you won’t need the rep component of that.

BlockquoteFor the war campaign, it will always show your next quest at the very top of your quest log in it’s own separate category labeled “War Campaign”.

For the zone storylines, on your main maps of the zones, if there’s an ! that is a darker shade than the regular bright yellow, that is a main storyline quest. Seek those out until you get the achievements for the respective zone. Once you find one however, it’s pretty linear. The zone achievements you’re looking for are “The Throne of Zuldazar”, “Secrets in the Sands”, and “The Dark Heart of Nazmir” for Zuldazar, vol’dun, and Nazmir respectively.

These 2 bits of information actually helped immeasurably - thank you! I think I can get back on track now. I was able to pickup where I was before.

1 Like