Allied Races

Just wondering if there’s been any news about allied races. I’m probably not going to go back on retail until after Dragonflight launches. I want to get my main through all of the content first before starting on any more alts. I do want to unlock at least two more allied races but I’m wondering if the requirements for obtaining allied races will stay the same or change again like it did after BFA.

2 Likes

sadly no news as far as i know of

Hopefully they become available to everyone right off the bat but I don’t know. So many new players starting up only to find out that they can’t play the race they want until they level up to 50 on another character and do 3 hours of quests.

If you want to make them go through exile’s reach instead of starting at level 10 the first time, I think this would be fair.

2 Likes

they haven’t said anything that i know of, but i think it would be a good idea for them to completely remove all the pre-requisities for allied races.

its just not fun for new players to decide they want to be a certain race then find out they cant.

I agree. Senior players can make a more informed decision. For very new people who lock onto a cool allied race and want to play immediately because they like what they see, only to discover the thing that motivated them to give the game a chance is blocked off. For those who want them available off the bat, and those who still feel like they should be earned: I feel a good compromise is to take the time to unlock just one allied race and then have the recruitment quests available for the other allied races without having to do their campaigns. It would still be a bummer to have to earn even one of them, but at least you only have to go through the pain once. I do feel very accomplished in unlocking Nightborne and I’m happy to have stuck to my guns and seen it through but unlocking each one can take a good amount of time. Time you could spend playing the game the way you want to. Plus from a lore Perspective, if your character was able to recruit new people into the alliance and horde through their good deeds, maybe the player’s reputation becomes known to other potential Allies

1 Like

the first thought i had when they introduced allied races in legion was “this is gonna suck for new players in a few years.”

1 Like

I guess I’m on the “new players” boat. I mean I don’t mind too much going through the campaigns for the races I actually want, I just hate that you probably will out-level the area before you get close to unlocking the allied races. I want to experience the stories behind the allied races, but I do admit the time it can take to get them is kinda daunting, even if legion and BFA’s requirements became more lenient compared to when the expansions were current

1 Like

I don’t. The reason I like AR is because they start at level 10. They’re like hero races.

They just need to change the requirements to level 10 and run the scenarios from the embassy.

1 Like
1 Like

He’s not asking about new allied races Keldar, he’s asking about if the ones we have now will still need to be unlocked or if they will just become available with DF.

2 Likes

What I mean is that new players who pick their first character as an allied race would have to go through the Exile’s Reach the first time. Allied races after that would all start at level 10.

1 Like

It’s less complicated to just have a new player pick a base race, gi through the starter zone and then be taken to the Embassy where they run all of the scenarios. Their new AR starts at the level they left off with and all of them will get the storyline lore needed, instead of one random one not getting it.