Allied Races in 8.3.5

Those are the Faithless… we help the Faithful ones like directly after…

You still have a point that Blizz gave us nothing else beyond that though.

Yeah, a lot of Horde players just don’t want Alliance to get anything they want. Any popular race is immediately demanded to “belong” to the Horde -Sethrak, High Elves, Vrykul, and most recently Man’ari. You’re supposed to settle for whatever random junk Blizz can come up with while they get all the cool stuff.

Unfortunately, given Blizzard’s terrible track record with Alliance ARs thus far, it seems likely that the developers share this mindset.

4 Likes

The story could go either way for alot of the races. Sethrak have more in common for the horde and teamed up with the vulpera. Yet Vulpera consider Sethrak enemies but we have some as friends. It is confusing.

Either way blizz has said criteria and showed precedents for allied races.

• relevant to the story. Ideally they want them to be made relevant. Although expections exist such as dark iron maghar and void elves.

-some have been fan service. Dark Iron was fan service. So was Zandalari. So was void elves somewhat sharing the blood elf silhouette and animations

• they can be released any time they are ready. So aligning with the relevant part and the storyline they try to add them when it makes sense to.

• try to make sexes dimorphic. Many people like having gender differences. It seems to be important. There are races that are less so like Vulpera sharing the goblin male animations.

• pick 1 faction. It seems BFA they wanted to stay away from nuetrality. Which means trying to make visual differences as well. High elves and blood elves are basically the same in essence. You got posters saying they wouldnt mind void elfs if they were the o.g. high elves that got corrupted. But that is just story nuance.

• precedents have been always tied with a grindable faction. This has not been deviated from since allied race exists.

• Generally speaking models have been seen before or datamined as playable character customization. The only new race was void elf because we got to see the birth of that race with Alleria on Argus.

• It could be initially a nuetral faction. Like all the Legion races and now mechagon.

Knowing all this can help you request what you think may happen or express to devs what they should deviate from.

Like requesting blood elves to be nuetral and set new precedents.

2 Likes

I don’t think these guys would join either side.

Well… depending on which way you look at it…

I think these guys should be Alliance if they ever become an option. The Forsaken wasn’t very good to this race in Howling Fjord or Stormheim.

Are you being serious here? The Draenei’s entire backstory is running away from the Man’ari and you think they should be an Alliance race (if that was ever an option)? ROFL right.

1 Like

I could honestly see a faction of holy undead led by Calia joining the Alliance. Seems like that’s what the story is setup for since Calia is not the leader of the forsaken in shadowlands, but she’s leaving to lordaeron at the end of BFA. Sounds like lightforged undead is a possibility for the future, which i think would be a pretty neat way to go about an allied race. Lightforged undead I would hope wouldn’t have bones and the like sticking out and would just be a skinnier frailer human. Hopefully not skinny kultiran, but like the normal forsaken.

For the worgen model people are talking a lot about Sethrak, but the outrage of the alliance getting lightforged undead and horde getting Sethrak would be insane. Though I really don’t see Sethrak picking either side as they didn’t directly get attacked by either side during the war; however, i definitely do not see the faithful Sethrak joining the alliance. While the nightborne going horde was a bit of a reach, the sethrak interacted with going alliance is definitely are far bigger reach than I think possible. The horde cannonically were the ones who saved Sethraliss. Sethraliss is also a loa who is connected to both the Zandalari - based on Talanjis Coronation - and the Sethrak as their Patron Loa.

3 Likes

Sethrak using the Worgen Rigging but I am not 100 on who would fit the Forsaken Rigging.

Id like to say San’layn but I feel the posture would really have to change and idk how they would work with Sylvanas gone.

I feel confident on the Sethrak but idk what the other one could be.

Maybe Arakkoa? Though why would they join?

Hehe, could be Light Forged Undead ;p

2 Likes

Kultirans do have charm. I love kultirans.

If the Horde and Blizzard don’t want us to have High Elves because they’re blood elves, I don’t know why we should have an undead race like the horde.

That would be another void blood elf!

Certainly! 0.8%* of them being used shows how influential they are within the choices within the alliance.

And clearly, they are not used to promote ridicule in the alliance when using names like Largepants, Blob or Obelix.

*last time i saw the numbers on wowpop

Sadly High Elves and San’layn wouldn’t be a Allied Races.

They’re just be Customization Options for Void Elves and Blood Elves.

I could only see last two as Sethrak and Nathanos like Humans or just Liches.

Also for the Pandaren hopefully Mogu. I would love to see these guys playable so much. Bull Dog People. XD

1 Like

Exactly! Whenever someone in the horde wants to point out the reasons why the alliance is uninteresting, they cite the lore and especially the fact that in the alliance, races are always a repetition of what we already have with the human model.

Tiny human, short bearded human, ordinary human, human with void, human tree lover.

The only different things are pandaren, which are also in the horde and perhaps worgen, which is also a human part.

Or let’s see the balancing between horde and ally getting more aggravated.
I’m going to horde play with 3 vulperas, because there is no allied race in the ally that deserves my attention or a new breed.

My main has been this worgen, since the cataclysm.
In Shd, he will be an alt, since I won’t have time to mess with him properly. And it will be even worse for the other alts I have in the alliance.

it’s also not with if they had something other than recolor and bland races to offer someone from the horde to try it out.

Right now, we’re the one-flavored faction.

1 Like

To be frank, the Alliance and Horde have always been that way. Alliance typical noble fantasy races (Humans and friends) and the Horde the collective of monster races. The Horde has had a dilution with the Nightborne and Belves (Well…Nightborne men count because WAAAAGH they’re hideous)

I quite prefer the monster vs human motif ( and that ship might have already sailed I admit) but that doesn’t mean the Alliance can’t get good allied races out of it.

Vrykul would be a good one if they can work around the height issue (and I hope that one day they do. Easiest way for me would be to decrease collision with ceilings. Immersion breaking maybe but there’s no immersion left in this game)

Jinyu or even Ankoan would be nice, though I think Jinyu match the motif more.

ACTUAL mechagnomes and not the diaper gnomes would be something I’d play. It irks me that they’re called mechagnomes when we already have something called mechagnomes!

Lore is irrelevant at this point so making kaldorei worgen a more unique thing could be in the realm of possibility

There’s also Earthen and Iron Dwarves.

Which is of no value to alliance players, because gnomes are not a race that is loved by the vast majority of players in this game.
Junkgnomes attract those who like gnomes as much as zandalars attract those who like trolls.

And not even tattoos or transmogs, junkgnomes can use properly.

It’s no use sticking metal on gnomes and giving them racial bribes, to make them important when neither in the horde they cause the same interest as sethraks and vulperas.

Most of those who see the junkgnome-racials with any interest are in the horde, but will not drop a blood elf or their beloved orc for a gnome to start over at the alliance, which does not even have the structure and facilities already in place today. horde and its pvp community.

Already at the alliance, are still those who prefer more casual activities and pve without compromise.
Do you really think a niche race like junkgnomes will have as much appeal as vulperas or sethraks for these people???

Junkgnomes are neither interesting to the horde nor to ally, especially with a lore as filler and shallow as void blood elves.

Junkgnomes has no presence or significance in the events of BfA.
We have to stop what we are doing in Nazjatar, to go to Junkland to hunt rare and toys.

Giving something of general interest to the horde and niche interest to ally does not seem to help ally.

3 Likes

I don’t care what comes next, as long as Kyrian become playable in Shadowlands I’m happy :slight_smile:

Speaking of this. I saw that they’ve datamined Sethrak npcs for 8.3.

Hm.

1 Like

While I believe it is possible that one more allied race could show up in 8.3.5, I find it unlikely, regardless of the space on the UI or the placement of the banners in the embassy.

I get the distinct impression that Blizzard needs all hands on deck to get Shadowlands out in a reasonable semblance of acceptability and on time. I’m not sure they can spare the resources to make another allied race when they are working on customization options for Shadowlands (that allied races are being left out of).

And while I can think of several allied race options for the Horde that Blizzard might be willing to implement, I’m at a loss to think of what races Blizzard could add for the Alliance, that they would be willing to implement, outside of “The Redeemed” (those light based Calia flavored undead).

I wouldn’t mind seeing the Shadowlands natives playable at some point but lorewise I am hard-pressed to explain how that would be possible. They are basically the souls of the dead in the afterlife. I’m not sure how they could leave the Shadowlands without being reborn as living beings or stuck into an animated corpse. They would have no physical form in the living world otherwise.

The Alliance didn’t know anything about any factions, they were just like “afraid we gotta kill these guys, they can’t be reasoned with about us stealing their land.”

1 Like

Why even bring High Elves up? They do belong to the Horde. The race left the Alliance in the RTS.

Exactly sharing animations and silhouette you mean. They changed literally nothing about it except hair and skin color. They literally got a recolored version of our race and it’s not good enough because they’re not blonde and white.

Also, Zandalari weren’t the fan service race, Mag’har were. Like DID, they had nothing to do with the expac and were just stapled on. Zandalari were the Horde part of the whole expac.

1 Like

They both sort of were fan service tbh. Zandalari had been our enemies often enough. I didn’t know I wanted zandalari until they updated there models in ToT :heart_eyes:.

You can’t deny that alliance always having high elves in there stories isn’t a big tease. Like we have supposed ogres in our ranks yet we never see them really after classic. Yet they continue to show a race that went horde after relevancy.

3 Likes

For the sake of discussion, what if Vorrik reunites his people and the Faithless rejoin his ranks? Would the Horde be okay with that? Given the enslavement by the Faithless of their newest allies, the Vulpera?

I am for Sethrak no matter which faction they join. I just enjoy discussing all possibilities.

2 Likes