Allied race ideas for 10.0 and beyond...hopefully

So…if we start from BC onward…

BC: Arakkoa (both low and high borne options just as cosmetics)
WotLK: Taunka, Tuskar, High Elves (Silver Covenant was a thing) heck, could get the Nerubians too!
Cata: Quillboar, Gnolls, Ogres, Firbolg
MoP: Hozen, Jinyu, Klaxxi, Mogu
WoD: See BC, nothing really new here
Legion: All this was was demons really and nothing really living on Azeroth
B4A: Still need the Sethrak, Tortolans, and the sea goblin dudes (god I hate Nazjatar without flight, why must the maps be designed to be so unpleasant without it?)
SL: Honestly don’t think any of the SL races should be made allied races due to the anima dependancy and how that couldn’t really be fulfilled in Azeroth

Also: noticed how I didn’t list a faction? That’s cause I think the hard lock for race/faction needs to go the way of the Dodo as the factions have worked a ton with each other, and we are supposed to be ragamuffin adventurers, not leaders of a given faction so we should be able to pick and choose who we work for!

2 Likes

This, so much this.

Let me know when their chest, legs and arms petroud spikes!

Tbh Eredar always strike me as something that make way more sense for Horde. They hate Draenei, they give the Horde a reason to get involved in Draenei-based storylines in an increasingly faction neutral setting and I feel like orcs and forsaken would be much more forgiving of eredars’ fall to demonic magic.

They should be the next Alliance DH race.

3 Likes

And for Horde, Fel Orc DH :fire:

2 Likes

Sorry but I’ve always wanted Zandalari Demoniacs. :stuck_out_tongue:

The lore is there, Blizzard just has to pick it back up.

But also for Fel Ocs. :nerd_face:

Yes!! Give Man’ari Eredar as allied race for the Alliance with DH class and it will be perfect.

I like this idea too. I’m all for it.

2 Likes

It makes sense for them to be a seperate race.

Mag har are uncorrupted orcs and dont share the perk of demon blood.

High moutain tauren are blessed tauren and are slightly bigger than regular tauren, supposed to be the superior version of tauren.

Lightforged dreanei are as the name intends, light infused dreanei on an intimate level.

All of these races wouldnt make sense as a simple customization option.

1 Like

Oh, I see. So all of the other races that can be Warlocks but didn’t take the blood are fine to exist. We should have two distinct sets of customization for Tauren because some are an inch taller. The light fused Draenei must be better than their non-infused Paladin cousins.

But you’re OK with Highelves being rolled up, eh?

You forget it’s an MMORPG, let the players RP. Options with restrictions are not options, just restrictions.

2 Likes

Dude i’d be down but idk how we’d even work that out lore wise XD

I think some kind of dragon race that works like the worgen (i.e. switches back and forth to human form) would be fun and work well. Built-in flying so whenever you are allowed to fly you can switch to dragon form and fly.

Personally I don’t want any new races until after we get the ones already in the factions. Furbolg, ogres, frost dwarves, taunka, jinyu, hozen, and so on.

1 Like

Lightforged dreanei are technically supposed to be superior, yes.

And what is your problem with warlocks? I don’t understand.

And restrictions follow the lore, it makes no sense for green orc paladins for example, they don’t follow the light or have a strong understanding of it, their beliefs lie largely in shamanic beliefs and the elements.

Orcs also allow warlocks because they dont want ignorance of fel or demonic magics to be foreign them as to not repeat which originally befell them.

Mag’har Orcs can’t be Warlocks. No problem with Warlocks but the “lore” is getting bothersome. I don’t like restrictions on technicalities.

Actually Mag har hate fel magic because of what it did to their people in wod, They literally come from a reality where the orcs didn’t drink the green kool aide like the original timeline(our timeline) that spawned green orcs.

This isn’t a secret, even in the wod recruitment they show disgust towards green skin because of what they heard in stories and what the survivors remember about a fel tainted orc.

So yeah, they hate warlocks, that whole wod expansion was about refusing the fel drink that originally cursed their people and militarizing the clans.

So it wouldn’t make any sense for a mag har warlock.

In a game where they write lore on toilet paper, wipe their @$$ with it and flush it, I think we can start making some minor concessions with class restrictions and character customization.

The lore isn’t as bad as some ppl like to think. Doesn’t make sense for tauren warlocks, etc.

And it wouldn’t be a minor concession, it would literally make no sense to see mag har and tauren warlocks at this point in time.

Mag’har had fel users in the WoD version of Hellfire Citadel, and the Mag’har we recruited are the WoD version. With tauren, I could see Highmountain tauren getting them due to the Feltotem tribe from Legion.