Allied race ideas for 10.0 and beyond...hopefully

Tyler1 Looking Up to Mel Capperino-Garcia
hunched over orc and a tall elf, that would be funny to see.

You want to be an Erf?

2 Likes

Available at launch maybe, but IMO all new races should be Allied Races.

Exiles Reach establishes the core fantasy of the factions. Human, dwarves, Gnomes, Night Elves, Worgen, Draenei. Orcs, Trolls, Tauren, Goblin, Undead, Blood Elves.

After that, new players can slowly be exposed to the other races on that faction.

1 Like

I’m not a fan of the allied race system either but that ship has sailed. Now, if they’d only speed up the removal of the factions…

1 Like

I doubt they would ever add a race that has less or more than two legs. They put too much time and resources into mounts. How would they use the flight path? A deer riding a bat? It would look beyond stupid.

1 Like

Naga racial: unable to mount

2 Likes

Saberon…will always want Saberon, just seems extremely unlikely these days.
I want me warrior tiger, rogue black panther, monk snow leopard and shaman lion, dangit.

All others are fine to me, I just really want Saberon… :frowning:

2 Likes

I wish players would shut up about nagas! They are simply not playable! NO LEGS, can’t do much with them! Sorry, had to get that off my chest.

I support the idea of new allied races for the next expac (or even while we wait for next expac to pop up next year).

NO NO NO NO to furries, except maybe saberons for Horde since Alliance got worgens!

NO NO NO NO to reptiles or anything mecha (mechagnomes are terrible)!

YES YES YES YES to Venthyrs, Valkyries/Vrykuls and waif (extremely thin) Kul Tirans.

1 Like

Yea there are a lot of races that ppl want but just wouldnt work out gameplay wise and lore wise which is why this list took some thinkin power for me.

1 Like

Once, I saw a more interesting hybrid than the overused Human/Elf one, Draenei/Night Elf.

She was a Druid and looked gorgeous and amazing.

Nelf + Draenei FTW!

1 Like

Because they make a lot of noise and die all the time, just like the Alliance?

2 Likes

Ogres should have absolutely been a Horde race. Problem, like always, nothing makes that good of sense for Alliance. Furblogs are about the best option since they at least possess basic intelligence and civilization of sorts.

Mecha-goblins should have been a thing since Mechagon and makes just as much sense as gnomes ESPECIALLY given Goblin’s affinity for bombs and blowing themselves up…but Alliance needed another AR and Blizz literally did nothing in BfA to introduce anything to counter Vulpera and literally pulled Mechagon out of their donkey to fix it.

I think it is a very safe bet we’ll be getting the 4 covenants as AR’s. Each has clear male and female models, classes, and working animations Perfect fodder for some “content”.

2 Likes

Cut to the bombing of Theramor and the burning of teldrassil but with a deafening storm of murloc garggles in the background

2 Likes

The Allied Race character could be the actual character that leveled through the covenant, otherwise what link to Azeroth would any of those covenant races have.

1 Like

Too true. Unless they had two forms, like a worgan.

1 Like

You would only be able to play that character in the shadowlands lmao

1 Like

They need to finish doing proper customization passes for everyone especially the core races that didn’t get a great job despite it being a selling point of Shadowlands before adding new races. So far only one race has made it into both the core race pass and the AR pass.

1 Like

My wishlist is:
Horde

Saurok
Kelfin
Ogre
Sethrak
Hozen

Rolled in as customization:
Taunka
Forest trolls

Alliance

Jinyu
Arakkoa
Ethereal
Furbolg
Broken Draenei

Rolled in as customization:
Frostborn dwarves
Ankoan (into Jinyu)

4 Likes

I think 12 for each side is enough thank you very much. Though the way people are they will always want more.

2 Likes

I’d be okay if they we’re just customizations for current races just to make things simple honestly

2 Likes