Allied Race Idea: Arakkoa 🐦

I’m happy we’re getting vulpera, they’re freaking adorable, but i’m really not so thrilled. Doesn’t sound like the patch is gonna have anything to do with arakkoa or draenor. Maybe next time.

3 Likes

Yeah, but there’s only one more pair of slots for ARs, so…

This is Arakkoa’s absolute last chance.

If they don’t get in…

I don’t think I can bring myself to play anymore. Q-Q :bird:

4 Likes

Maybe they’ll add more slots over time? the AR system is still kinda new.

4 Likes

I think that could be possible, but we’d have to do an expansion-by-expansion deal where each page is the expansion upon with said ARs were released.

2 Likes

That would be my guess as well. Just not sure how they could add more at random.

2 Likes

Sadly, it won’t be at random.

Not from observations at least.

2 Likes

I understand them releasing the vulpera and mechagnomes instead. Right from launch and even beta testing the Vulpera popularity exploded right off the bat. They released mechagnomes for the alliance because they’re a race that is most related to current content. It also seems they’re adding races with a similar heritage and/or skeleton to the core race. Maybe when they’re done with that, we’ll get some “exotic” races. I’m looking at other allied race threads and they’re hanging on to the same hopes and guesses that we are.

4 Likes

Agreed. I also knew Vulpera and Mechagnomes were unavoidable, but this just doesn’t seem like the right time for them.

Then again, I’m not ActiBlizz.

3 Likes

Blizzcon is just around the corner, at least.

Perhaps we will see something about the next expansion when they do something there.

As you said, if even an iota of the Shadowlands leaks are to be taken seriously, then the Arakkoa make too much sense to not include.

2 Likes

I really hope Arakkoa gets made playable because right now the Alliance really lacks ether anything iconic or original and unique in terms of playable races for Allied Races on the Alliance Side.

4 Likes

Well, at least we will have vulperas in the horde!
I will make 2 vulperas!
Ally, on the other hand, we can only get another disappointment that was quite inevitable, since Blizzard would rather laugh at us than provide something remarkable and make people feel hype!

Now we’ll have to bet our chips on arakkoas or expect a future Mea Culpa from Blizzard because of junkgnomes!

And even if Blizzard sends them to the horde, I will still be happy, because at least there will be another interesting race in the horde, as in the alliance, we are ostracized!

3 Likes

I hope so too, big guy… We really need a non-mammalian race big time.

About the only thing they’ve done for Alliance was give us the Bee Mount.

Though 9.0 onward might show something for us if anything involving Shadowlands is even remotely true.

4 Likes

Vulpera are not really my style, but I am really trying to keep up with the current curves as I can.

2 Likes

No kidding. Didn’t get hardly any story involvement, lots of reskins, got the short stick on allied races, no cinematics, but hey… we got a bee.

3 Likes

Though I will say this… Mechagnome OP. Racial Mirror Image stacks with normal Mirror Image…

2 Likes

With Vulpera becoming confirmed I wish you well in your quest to get the race you want.

5 Likes

Thanks for the wishes and if you were a Vulpera supporter, congrats. ^-^ :bird:

6 Likes

You are joking, right?

You HAVE to be joking.

2 Likes

Can we just stop with these threads Blizzard only listens to the Horde and OP made it from an Alliance race.

Afraid not…

2 Likes