Alliance vs Horde

Of those of you who have played both an Alliance toon and a Horde toon, which one did you enjoy the most??? or does it not matter???

I’ve thoroughly enjoyed playing both. I love the Blood Elves especially and even have a Panda that joined the Horde. I think there should be a human race for the Horde, but that is just my opinion.

I play my human hunter and gnome hunter more than anything else.

do you have a favorite faction or race?

2 Likes

I maintain characters on both sides because I’m a story completionist. It really helps getting the bigger picture of what is going on when you see both sides of it. My main is currently on Alliance, but I drift back and forth on that depending on the expansion or patch. I don’t really have a favorite faction, though if you pressed me, I’d probably say Alliance just because it’s what I started on.

A forum tip too: While there’s nothing wrong with posting fun threads like this here once in a while, we don’t get a whole lot of traffic normally. The only people that really click this forum are new players who have questions, and us regulars who enjoy helping out and answering you guys. :slight_smile:

For a lot more traffic, engagement, and replies to your thread, try posting in General Discussion. People like answering threads like this. Be aware that there are some trolls in the land of GD, but just try not to feed them too often and they’ll skulk off to someone else’s thread.

2 Likes

Ok, thanks Zipster :slight_smile:

I’m 95% alliance and 5% horde in terms of overall game time. A lot of it came down to my initial choice.

When I started playing wow I wanted a fun look, cute and adorable without the street walker vibe (which is generally creepy to me) and I picked a female gnome that is so adorable that it makes kittens jelly. Male gnomes on the other hand… well… if we’re being kind we could call their look “comical” (but it’s not comical)

Afterwards I found that there were barriers between horde and alliance that prevented my characters from freely sharing gold and items and since I was pretty happy with my first character that barrier forced me to make several more Alliance characters.

At some point I made a horde character but it quickly got shuffled to the back burner until it was announced that you needed a max-level horde toon for unlocking the horde allied races and then I started playing it.

1 Like

thank you for your reply Tinkeriffic ! I love the name you chose for you gnome

1 Like

I guess I’ll always be an Alliance fan at heart. But I enjoy having max characters in both factions, and I like playing the story through from both sides. I’m NOT a big fan of the faction war, and I often wish for a neutral ground that my favorite characters on both sides could occupy. I guess I love the races and characters more than the factions and the “war.”

That said, whenever I’ve spent a lot of time working on my Horde toons, switching back to Alliance always feels like “coming home.” Horde never feels like that. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’ll always be Alliance at heart; but I do have several Horde characters. I admit it, it hurts me a little when I’m playing on a Horde character and have to kill Alliance soldiers LOL

my first toon was a blood elf pally so i been w the horde since i started in pandaria , i got the game when it first came out but i couldnt get into it this wow pandaria was my first mmo first computer game ever i joined a friend on raf recruit a friend and i had so much fun i kept aksing to level more toons so we did like five but all thru the years i stayed horde i just got like five different toons cause i mainly like leveling im not iinto endgame or dont have the guild or knowlege to proceed but i got like 5 allys i enjoy rollin thru stormwind n seein wht they got goin on over there its pretty fun.

2 Likes

I am primarily Alliance. My first character was a Night Elf hunter who has gone through a few race changes (to Draenei, then Pandaren, then back to Draenei). I have done pretty much everything with my Alliance guild. I like their lore, race choices, and designs of their zones better. I started playing Alliance because that’s where my friends were.

I have a few Horde characters. I even raided Horde in Legion with a friends guild because their schedule fit mine better as a casual after I quit progression raiding. I however, have logged into that Horde character once since BfA dropped. Of course, I’ve been playing less in general as well.

Overall, I find a lot of it depends on the server and culture. I’m going to default to Alliance, because that’s what I like. But my original server has a toxic chat and too many trolls. My current server is nice, very laid back, and generally helpful. My Horde characters are on my original server, and while their chat isn’t as bad as the Alliance chat it’s still pretty damn bad. Volpera ALMOST make me want to play Horde, but I’m not sure I’m quite motivated enough to do that rep grind.

1 Like

I wish the Volpera was Alliance

2 Likes

I am Alliance through and through but I admit to really enjoy playing blood elf DH on Horde.