Alliance vs Horde Moonguard

I’ve played Alliance on Moonguard for about 8 years and one thing that always keeps me coming back is the community. While a lot of people find Trade Chat annoying and toxic, I enjoy sitting in the large cities and reading/watching trade and sometime joining the conversation if I have something to say. It is definitely one thing that I have noticed is different from other servers because any other server I have ever joined is just a spam of ads/LFG and Moonguard has more of an open community than guild-based.

While I’ve played Alliance there for 8 years, I do enjoy the Horde characters/models and cities more. I haven’t tried Horde on here for a few years and was wondering if anyone would be interested in sharing how it is. Is it similar to the alliance in the aspect that the trade chat is frequently active with conversation? Or is it mainly quiet and guild-based like most horde servers I’ve been on?

1 Like

It’s been active in chat when I’ve swung by Horde cities. Having that said, it’s less of the “nonsense chat” that Alliance often has (talking about your mom, really weird lewd statements meant to shock/offend, linking inappropriate stuff etc) and more of general conversation. It’s definitely not been quiet for me, though.

I would suggest rolling up an alt (ally race if available for quick city access since they often start there) and just log in a few different times to check it out.

1 Like

Horde is beyond dead on MG, and the few guilds that do exist here are very few and far between. If you’re wanting to be around peolpe I’d recommend staying ally and just like… ignoring the nonsense? Beautiful thing called /ignore.

4 Likes

Horde, is a little bit more guild centric. That said we’re not… beyond dead
As some say we are, I’d say get on and poke around join a couple discords we’re here and we’re fun folks!

8 Likes

Spoken like someone who has no real idea on the specifics on MG Horde, truly a visionary.

As Delamer and Keliryn suggested, rolling an alt and diving into the servers that MG Horde makes a home in will give you a far better picture on the state of things, how guilds are growing and expanding. We’re doing what we can to push back against the tide of drought, to give a sense of life and community in-game and it will take time given the current state of things as is.

11 Likes

I played MG Horde all of Legion, the server wasn’t as dead then, but with time everyone just left for WRA or moved to ally.

I also have my alts on horde, which I can also sit there and walk around and see that there’s maybe 50-70 people on total, compared to ally in hundreds if not thousands.

But hey, I don’t know what I’m talking about, only been here since MOP :3

7 Likes

I apologize for my earlier snark, let the annoyance from work bleed into a response that didn’t need such to begin with.

The reality is that MG is an oddity of an server when most are dominated by Horde.

The stereotype of “Go to WRA Horde for Horde RP and MG for Alliance RP”, on top of prior abuses by people now long gone since last year led to the state of MG Horde but it is one the remnants grasp with fervor to establish and create a new foundation where such things and abuses no longer come to pass.

The collapse on an RP level community needed to happen and since Legion, most pve guilds haven’t been advertising ingame for quite some time. Why that is, no idea but I have seen several making a return in advertising and I encourage them to be loud and proud, to be visible because I know several raiding guilds who have been hard at work in SoD.

In short, I do think that with perseverance, hard work and determination, MG Horde had and will continue to dispell the notion that we are dead.

9 Likes

Horde RP is far from dead. Walkup RP is regulated mainly to Wyvern’s Tail, but the community is passionate, and grows steadily. The Horde’s strengths include Guild-oriented and community/server events.

Hallow’s End alone held the Lordaeron Memorial Ride, Dance of the Dead, Terror in Tirisfal, as well as others I may not have mentioned that month.

We’re trying our hardest to provide what we can. The community is surviving, and will hopefully thrive in the coming future.

10 Likes

This is also my experience and I could be wrong but I think OP was asking about the activity in trade chat while being idle in cities to listen in etc, but I could be wrong. Either way, trade chat has not been dead for me on Horde if that is what OP is asking for.

And this is just straight out false.

Prior to this month, I have been mostly playing on Alliance but decided to roll up an alt with the intent to stick to Horde for a while now. I am not even in a guild and I have no issues finding roleplay, if that is what the OP is looking for. Do you have to look a bit harder or work a bit more? Yes. Can it at times be needed to join Discords/events etc? Yes. Is it dead? Absolutely not - and anyone who says so either have not been around recently or they are not trying. Sometimes you got to put in a little effort - and often in those cases, the rewards are just so much greater.

And you Horde organizers and roleplayers are doing a great job at it! It’s just disheartening to see certain kind of feedback in the face of all good that is happening with the Horde right now.

I will get off my soapbox now, lol.

Actually one more thing; if OP (or anyone else) decide to check out Horde for its roleplay and don’t already have TRP, I would recommend getting it. Not only does it allow you to scope out who the roleplayers are - but I was positively surprised after I put in my OOC tag “New to the Horde faction”. I’ve had people whispering me to welcome me and to see if I need help and also had some people initiate roleplay. Horde is a friendly bunch regardless of size - I’d give it a shot :slight_smile:

8 Likes

If you’re seriously telling me 70 people to 1k+ people doesn’t mean dead idk what to tell you man. Numbers literally say horde is dead.

Source: make a char and use your eyes.

3 Likes

I am not looking at raw numbers obviously; I am talking about what a roleplayer can find for themselves if they actually make an effort to. Obviously there are Horde players present - I don’t need 1k+ people to roleplay with lol

If it was dead, I must have been roleplaying with myself the past weeks I guess.

If so, I guess every Horde character in this thread are alts of mine.

4 Likes

Just because you can find RP with the 70 people that are alive there doesn’t mean that Horde isn’t dead.

Point and case. Horde is dead.

4 Likes

Not really going to debate with someone just for the sake of debating when I don’t agree at all - that is just not productive. I’ve contributed all I have to say in my opinion in regards to this thread, so I will leave it at that and stand by what I said originally.

I hope you have a terrific day and enjoy your game :+1:

6 Likes

Disagreeing =/= you’re correct.

Horde is dead, simple as it gets. If you’re going to play there, your choice, but better off looking at WRA. This is the simple facts laid out.

2 Likes

It depends on what you are looking for.

WRA has numbers, sure. But I found it to be a -very- toxic RP community by and large, on both Horde and Alliance.

MG Horde is smaller, but very tight knit. Most people are cool with each other here, and it’s the size of group where you can actually get to know most of the players if you want. People do and have formed real friendships here. By no means is that -expected- to happen, but it does happen.

7 Likes

If not sure give both WRA and MG a try both factions. See where you find YOUR ideal community. At the end of the day most big rp events are open server that include people from either of the rp servers and more. Theres an amazing place of people out there for ya!

3 Likes

I think calling it dead is disrespectful to all the MG Horde that are making an effort to resuscitate Horde rp. You can say it is less active, you can say it’s harder to find people, but when you state yourself that there is 50-70 people online roleplaying that means it’s not dead.

There are several organizers Horde side that are putting a lot of their real life time and real life money into throwing large events to rally the Horde player base. To just come into a thread and say “Yo, it’s dead” doesn’t contribute anything especially when in the same breath you are stating 50-70 people are online actively roleplaying when you log in. Have you ever been to another roleplaying server outside Moon Guard or Wyrmrest Accord? They would give a limb to be able to log in and find 50-70 people actively roleplaying.

Maybe just choose your words better and you won’t get such a pushback from people, because obviously a lot of people have a lot invested in making things better.

11 Likes

Moon Guard Horde isn’t dead, and it never has been. The impression that it is dead comes from the lack of regular walk up on a given day, but event turnout tends to prove that there is a sizable population that is really just waiting for something to happen. Population, in my opinion, has never been MG-H’s problem as much as the rampancy of underhanded behaviors and methods. In that regard, MG-H is the same as any other faction or server community.

I feel like population really is a surface level issue that mostly takes a glance to make an assumption, but experience to catch on to the actual pattern. It distracts from actual problems, to the point that even the Horde’s regular cycle of “saving the server” tends to be more focused on just pure numbers to disprove the claim.

I also feel like it’s a bit of an unrelated topic, considering this was asking about Trade Chat activity, which, uhh… well, it’s there, ish. I usually forget to leave it and then do a double take when after an hour or so of silence, people start talking. It’s not bustling to be sure, but when there is conversation, it’s… well, benign. No insults or badmouthing that I’ve ever seen.

But most of the posts I see in trade chat are literally guild advertisements, so make of that what you will.

8 Likes

Thank you.

2 Likes

I have known Moon Guard Alliance guilds who have decided to make horde proxies or even starting new guilds. Who have been told by active horde communities that they take away from legitimate MG Horde. It makes it off putting to honestly RP on MG Horde when you feel like you don’t belong just because you want a change of pace. If you want active WRA Horde is where it’s at.

1 Like